Guys: Opinion on weddings?

I'm in love with the idea of marriage, the whole dress and ceremony, happy stuff (like your own personal christmas!) and plus you get a honeymoon where people legit know you're gonna bang. A lot. But my boyfriend believes it's just a traditional thing, mixed with culture and religion. He states that he doesn't need a paper to prove he will love me or take care 9f me, etc. This bums me a little, getting confused about what marriage is really about. So! Guys and girls! Tell me your opinion on marriage! Guys: Opinion on weddings?
  • Marriage is a symbolic and meaningful moment
  • Marriage is a scam to waste a lot of money.

1422

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a scam.
    But if it's a scam that makes her happy I'll do it for her.

Most Helpful Girl

• you want a wedding, it can be beautiful big and white and flashy and showy cause it’s the stereotypical girl dream to dream about her wedding since she’s 5 years old, or it can be something small and intimate. But if you’re wanting that name change just for the sake of ceremony and flash and not to make that promise to be with someone the rest of your life “in sickness and in health till death do us part” then don’t spend the money to go through all of it. Ultimately, a wedding is two people coming together in front of friends and family to say “hey, this one here? That’s my person. Don’t touch my person. I love this person. I would do anything and everything for that person. No ifs ands or buts about it.”