What would you say is the ideal age to get married?

Obviously it varies per relationship, but on average, at what age should you be married?

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on what you want in life, I’m 18 and know girls my age who are engaged which in my opinion is silly. I wouldn’t want to be married unless I’ve been living with the man for years, so personally no earlier than 26. But hey I’m also one who finds marriage silly in general. I’d be honestly upset if my boyfriend proposed to me with someone stupidly expensive ring that just drained our bank. But regardless 26-30 is an ideal age to me, id be done school, well established, and have enough life experience to somewhat understand what I’m doing.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Early twenties I'd say, especially if you want children. Fertility starts to drop at 25, as the risk of complications during pregnancy and birth begin to rise. Many people say late twenties/early thirties - this is when your fertility is starting to drop more quickly. It sounds smart when you say it's about maturity, financial stability, but it's possible to have those things in your early twenties unless you're an idiot. I see people my age saying that they're nowhere near mature enough yet and I just don't get it. I think there must be something wrong in the way kids are being brought up today, they seem to never actually grow up and instead just become adult children.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 9

• Minimum: age 25 which is when your brain should have completed its development.

So anything from there to 32ish for women, and maybe up to 37 for men.
    But that’s just if they want to have kids and the woman hasn’t had a child before.

0|1
    0|0
    • I'm 25 now I'll be 26 in August and marriage isn't even on my radar yet I'm worried about financial stability before that

• Uu nice cover pictures looks like mirrors 😍😍

@stablemind I think most people think of that

• I dont mind about age. I prefer the guy is ready, and so do I. Then we get married without anyone forcing us to do so.

0|0
    0|0
  • mine is 26

1|0
    0|0
  • When you feel ready just more than 25

0|0
    0|0
  • For me? 30.

0|0
    0|0
  • Around 25 or so. I failed at tuag :/

0|0
    0|0
  • 29 or smth

0|0
    0|0
  • 21 and above seems appropriate to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • 18 for girls but 28 for guys. It's a maturity thing.

1|0
    2|0

What Guys Said 16

• Marriage becomes more complicated with age, financial status, and childeren. Should you need to get divorced. As for ideal age I don't think it really matters? But a good rule is focus on you career to become financially stable on your own before you decide to start a family. Not doing so will lead to poverty.

0|1
    0|0
    • Great advice man but what about traveling, having fun and stuff? Is that less important

• So travelling is for retirement but you gotta build your empire whole you are young and have the energy to do it. Or if you don't plan on having kids you could spend all your money and free time on travelling young. I've already traveled the world so it's not a big deal to me. People are people everywhere you go they just speak a different language and they look different. Sex is the same food is good everywhere you go. What matters is the people you spend your life with that's is how memories are made.

• Nice advice and I would think the same if I had experienced it or something similar 😂😂 Thanks for the reply

• When you are ready both legally and maturity, I've seen 20 year old couples getting married and having excellent marriages just like I've seen 30 year old kids getting married to later get divorced. Marriage preparation is so underrated nowadays that is almost inexistent...

0|0
    0|0
  • After I had some relationship to understand what works for me and what doesn't, being independent (my own stuff) and doing things for myself
    After having a stable source of income and a place to live and a car
    Considering that I am 25 and I have none of what I told you maybe 37 or higher depending on the things I manage to do and also finding someone which I can go along with.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the person. I'd wait till I'm out of college and financially stable. So probably like 28 years+

0|0
    0|0
  • It depend on if you can pay for life and also feel you are responsible enough to lead your new family

0|1
    0|0
  • I would like to be married now in my early 30’s. Have kids soon before I get to old.

0|0
    0|0
  • Age shouldn't matter it's should be when your capable of living together comfortably and can support each other

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd say stop trying to define yourself by the measuring sticks of others. You'll only drive yourself nuts.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can't fully say there is a age minimum but I can definitely say for age alone there is a too soon

0|0
    0|0
  • For me it was 28. But I feel anytime mid to late twenties is good.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not ONE specific age but I'd say around 21-25.

1|0
    0|0

Full of energy.
    Full of life.

1|0
    1|0
  • Before 30

0|0
    0|0
  • Around 23

0|0
    0|0
  • For a man 24 to 28 For a lady 22 to27

0|0
    0|0
  • Mid-30s or early 40s, just to reduce the odds of a divorce when you marry at a more older mature age, but it's different for everyone.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes