What would you say is the ideal age to get married?

Obviously it varies per relationship, but on average, at what age should you be married?

1017

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on what you want in life, I’m 18 and know girls my age who are engaged which in my opinion is silly. I wouldn’t want to be married unless I’ve been living with the man for years, so personally no earlier than 26. But hey I’m also one who finds marriage silly in general. I’d be honestly upset if my boyfriend proposed to me with someone stupidly expensive ring that just drained our bank. But regardless 26-30 is an ideal age to me, id be done school, well established, and have enough life experience to somewhat understand what I’m doing.

Most Helpful Guy

• Early twenties I'd say, especially if you want children. Fertility starts to drop at 25, as the risk of complications during pregnancy and birth begin to rise. Many people say late twenties/early thirties - this is when your fertility is starting to drop more quickly. It sounds smart when you say it's about maturity, financial stability, but it's possible to have those things in your early twenties unless you're an idiot. I see people my age saying that they're nowhere near mature enough yet and I just don't get it. I think there must be something wrong in the way kids are being brought up today, they seem to never actually grow up and instead just become adult children.