Do you think a proposal should be a public display or a private moment?

• Public
    Vote A
  • Private moment
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• i think private would be better cause the other side won't have any pressure deciding and actually live that moment. it can be in a public place tho just not circled by 50 people looking..

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends. A public event is more romantic but a huge risk. I've seen a guy refused once it was brutal

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• Private for 2 reasons, 1) if they refuse you don't really want it public, 2) Nobody cares! LOL Like, the only time public is ok is if it's in front of family/friends, otherwise people care about themselves and their lives, they don't care about someone proposing.

0|0
    0|0
  • Private. I'm sure some people see the public vulnerability as romantic but I don't want anyone sharing that moment but me and the one I propose to. I don't even understand those that hire a photographer to capture the proposal - having a something to remember it by is great and all, but not having people around makes that moment that much better.

0|0
    0|0
  • Mine was pretty private. Although her best friend was pissed that I didn’t tell her about it. she wanted to hide in the bushes and take pictures.

1|0
    0|0
  • depends on the couple and their personality's but me and my wife personally wanted it to be and it was a private thing

0|0
    0|0
  • Private. It should be intimate and romantic, not a public display because a man or woman wants attention from strangers.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would want to propose privately.

0|0
    0|0
  • Private moment.

0|0
    0|0
  • Private moment should be between the couple

0|0
    0|0
  • Private thing

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 19

• I would hate it if it was in a public setting honestly lol, if there were people watching that is. Imaging all the pressure you’d feel while you’re debating your response. I also feel like it should be private because it’s a moment you share w/ you and your s. o. Either way I would be happy, but the public proposal is very not my thing and haha I hope my future s/o won’t do that lel

1|0
    0|0
  • Private.

I dislike big showy displays in public. I'd prefer a proposal to be one-on-one. Not in front of anyone else. It's our private moment. I don't want to share that with anyone other than the guy I'm marrying

0|0
    0|0
  • I think that it should be discussed beforehand to an extent. Some people aren't interested in marriage or have concerns and I think that these things should be communicated. That way both parties are on the same page. I think it would be nice to celebrate with family & friends but you should make sure there's something to celebrate before you completely ambush your S. O. in front of the people that are closest to them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Totally depends on the woman!
    I hate the idea of being proposed to in public; i believe that it should be a centimental moment between the two of you, and maybe close friends. But i know many women who want the whole world to see it happen

0|0
    0|0
  • I think a private moment would be best, for myself i don't like a lot of attention on me in the first place. Honestly when i think about it if i was with someone and they proposed i think if we were simply doing something that we always do, for instance if we were just chilling and watching a movie and he came out and asked i would love it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the couple but for me, I'd prefer private. I think making a big public spectacle takes out the sincerity and cheapens the moment, kinda makes it about the other people rather than the couple

0|0
    0|0
  • I personally would want a private proposal. Hopefully at that point my partner would know that my anxiety would be through the roof if it was public.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's cute seeing others getting proposed to in public but I personally would like to be proposed to in private, I'd find it more special and I'd be embarrassed af in public

0|0
    0|0
  • Private, I would be mortified if it was public lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • For me, I think it should be private. If it was public, I'd feel like I'd be pressured to say "yes." And I don't like being the center of attention.

0|0
    0|0
  • Private moment.

0|0
    0|0
  • Private. I don't like all eyes on me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Private cause public is added pressure.

0|0
    0|0
  • Both

0|0
    0|0
  • It should never be a public moment. When its public it puts more pressure on whoever is being proposed to to say yes, even if they don't actually want to.

0|0
    0|0
  • Private

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer a private setting but I don't get to choose that as guys don't usually tell us that they're planning to propose or when & where they intend to.

1|0
    0|0
  • The public displays would make me more likely to say no simply because all the presssure is there to say yes... Any guy who would be close enough to propose to me should know that I hate being the center of attention in the first place by that point... let alone the center of attention with a huge choice to make.

1|0
    0|0
  • Private

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes