Do you think a proposal should be a public display or a private moment?

• Public
    Vote A
  • Private moment
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• i think private would be better cause the other side won't have any pressure deciding and actually live that moment. it can be in a public place tho just not circled by 50 people looking..

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends. A public event is more romantic but a huge risk. I've seen a guy refused once it was brutal

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• Private for 2 reasons, 1) if they refuse you don't really want it public, 2) Nobody cares! LOL Like, the only time public is ok is if it's in front of family/friends, otherwise people care about themselves and their lives, they don't care about someone proposing.

0|0
    0|0
  • Private. I'm sure some people see the public vulnerability as romantic but I don't want anyone sharing that moment but me and the one I propose to. I don't even understand those that hire a photographer to capture the proposal - having a something to remember it by is great and all, but not having people around makes that moment that much better.

0|0
    0|0
  • Mine was pretty private. Although her best friend was pissed that I didn’t tell her about it. she wanted to hide in the bushes and take pictures.

1|0
    0|0
  • depends on the couple and their personality's but me and my wife personally wanted it to be and it was a private thing

0|0
    0|0
  • Private. It should be intimate and romantic, not a public display because a man or woman wants attention from strangers.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would want to propose privately.

0|0
    0|0
  • Private moment.

0|0
    0|0
  • Private moment should be between the couple

0|0
    0|0
  • Private thing

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 19

• I would hate it if it was in a public setting honestly lol, if there were people watching that is. Imaging all the pressure you’d feel while you’re debating your response. I also feel like it should be private because it’s a moment you share w/ you and your s. o. Either way I would be happy, but the public proposal is very not my thing and haha I hope my future s/o won’t do that lel

1|0
    0|0
  • Private.

I dislike big showy displays in public. I'd prefer a proposal to be one-on-one. Not in front of anyone else. It's our private moment. I don't want to share that with anyone other than the guy I'm marrying

0|0
    0|0
  • I think that it should be discussed beforehand to an extent. Some people aren't interested in marriage or have concerns and I think that these things should be communicated. That way both parties are on the same page. I think it would be nice to celebrate with family & friends but you should make sure there's something to celebrate before you completely ambush your S. O. in front of the people that are closest to them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Totally depends on the woman!
    I hate the idea of being proposed to in public; i believe that it should be a centimental moment between the two of you, and maybe close friends. But i know many women who want the whole world to see it happen

0|0
    0|0
  • I think a private moment would be best, for myself i don't like a lot of attention on me in the first place. Honestly when i think about it if i was with someone and they proposed i think if we were simply doing something that we always do, for instance if we were just chilling and watching a movie and he came out and asked i would love it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the couple but for me, I'd prefer private. I think making a big public spectacle takes out the sincerity and cheapens the moment, kinda makes it about the other people rather than the couple

0|0
    0|0
  • I personally would want a private proposal. Hopefully at that point my partner would know that my anxiety would be through the roof if it was public.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's cute seeing others getting proposed to in public but I personally would like to be proposed to in private, I'd find it more special and I'd be embarrassed af in public

0|0
    0|0
  • Private, I would be mortified if it was public lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • For me, I think it should be private. If it was public, I'd feel like I'd be pressured to say "yes." And I don't like being the center of attention.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes