Would you get married knowing that neitheir of you wants/ can have children.
What opinion you have on those who do this decision.
- No, purpose is cementing our stable relationship with this lovely ceremony, and symbolic way of declaring that we feel ready to be in this union forever - that is in our intention.Vote A
- No, marriage just happens because women want it - its socially expected so sooner or later your peers and you start thinking that marriage means "fixed life". Then you pursue it and... umm thats it.Vote B
- No, purpose is that you can have sex without it being a sin (for religious people), but not necesarrily are children necessary. Oh, and also, its a sacred union and how its meant to be.Vote C
- Yes, marriage is sacred union and God wants us to procreate, children are gift from God and only safe place to have them is inside marriage.Vote D
- Yes. Kids need stable social surrounding and marriage is beginning of starting family.Vote E
- Yes because marriage without kids has no sense to me - we will get bored otherwise.Vote F
- No. I may love this girl and to prove how much I care and that I'm serious, I'd marry her, but children are expensive and I dont think this only for myself: others shall think well can they afford having kids and how.Vote G
Most Helpful Guy
Don't agree with the first part of this option. My girlfriend and I have been together over ten years, have three children, and adore each other. We have no desire to be married. It may be in some cases that you have the wedding because the girl wants it - or maybe the guy does - but it is a social convention and little else.
In law, marriage is a legally binding contract. Normally, with a contract, if one side breaks it, the government steps in to enforce it. However, since the advent of "no fault" divorce in the 1960s, the marriage contract is the ONLY legally valid contract that the government will not enforce.
To be sure it has lingering societal value - as the data makes clear. Overall though, unless you are religious, in which case it has a transcendent value, it is a pointless and (usually) needlessly expensive exercise. I love my girlfriend with all my heart - and would "wedding" or no.0