Guys, is sole purpose of marriage for you - having kids?

Would you get married knowing that neitheir of you wants/ can have children.
What opinion you have on those who do this decision.

• No, purpose is cementing our stable relationship with this lovely ceremony, and symbolic way of declaring that we feel ready to be in this union forever - that is in our intention.
  • No, marriage just happens because women want it - its socially expected so sooner or later your peers and you start thinking that marriage means "fixed life". Then you pursue it and... umm thats it.
  • No, purpose is that you can have sex without it being a sin (for religious people), but not necesarrily are children necessary. Oh, and also, its a sacred union and how its meant to be.
    Vote C
  • Yes, marriage is sacred union and God wants us to procreate, children are gift from God and only safe place to have them is inside marriage.
    Vote D
  • Yes. Kids need stable social surrounding and marriage is beginning of starting family.
    Vote E
  • Yes because marriage without kids has no sense to me - we will get bored otherwise.
    Vote F
  • No. I may love this girl and to prove how much I care and that I'm serious, I'd marry her, but children are expensive and I dont think this only for myself: others shall think well can they afford having kids and how.
    Vote G

013

Most Helpful Guy

• There are religious motivations for it, sure, but I don't see marriage as a means to have sex without sinning, I see sex as something positive and good that should be in its proper place in marriage. It does more than make children, so I cannot definitely answer with only one of the options in this poll. My answer would be a combination of 1, 3 and 4

What Guys Said 12

• Option A plus would like to have children one day, but it's not the purpose of marriage. Can have kids without marriage too.

• Don't agree with the first part of this option. My girlfriend and I have been together over ten years, have three children, and adore each other. We have no desire to be married. It may be in some cases that you have the wedding because the girl wants it - or maybe the guy does - but it is a social convention and little else.

In law, marriage is a legally binding contract. Normally, with a contract, if one side breaks it, the government steps in to enforce it. However, since the advent of "no fault" divorce in the 1960s, the marriage contract is the ONLY legally valid contract that the government will not enforce.

To be sure it has lingering societal value - as the data makes clear. Overall though, unless you are religious, in which case it has a transcendent value, it is a pointless and (usually) needlessly expensive exercise. I love my girlfriend with all my heart - and would "wedding" or no.

• Marriage is like a promise (for me) that I will be there for you forever in every up and downs in each other's life. That has nothing to do with kids.

• No, you marry with someone that you love a lot and with who you want finish your life... Marriage is a important link, very symbolic...

• Marriage is for giving children a stable environment to be raised in and it makes a lot of sense why you'd want something like marriage before having children.

Marriage is also a mutual public commitment to maintaining one romantic relationship for the rest of your life. I'd freely give such a vow, but I am not comfortable asking someone to give the same vow in return nor would I want to do it in public.

• Marriage is the celebration of finding your companion and kids are the cherries on top.

• Not gonna decide to start a family with someone until we're financially stable enough to start saving up money for our son/daughters college tuition in the future.

• Religious guy here, marriage means her parents agree with me being with their daughter, and that i can have sexual contact, if we ever have kids they will be legal, so really however i look at it , it's the best way to be with a girl.

• no i could have kids without getting married

• Where is my option - to lock down that money!

• What do you mean. You also some gold digger lol?

• Well not all of us live in rainbow land and I would appreciate the vote option of marrying into money

• The sole purpose is tax benefits.

• xD lol

I had a poll choice "legal purposes" but it was one too many - poll can allow only 7 options. Damn you're so robotic lol.

• Doesnโ€™t have to be just to have kids but that usually ends up happening

What Girls Said 0