Do you already know for sure if you ever want to get married?

• Yes, I will get married some day.
    Vote A
  • No, marriage has no added value over living together.
    Vote B
  • Other, please comment.
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• If I ever fell in love with someone yeah... but not before I done building my future.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It's a deal breaker for me~ I want marriage no exceptions for so many reasons! Thankfully my boyfriend wants marriage too :)

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 15

• My girlfriend and I have been together for 12 years, and have lived together for just over ten. We have three great kids together - ages 7, 6 and 4 - the first two were unplanned pregnancies, but I was still over the moon about becoming a dad.

My parents and her mom are not thrilled about our arrangements, her dad is decidedly unhappy - which can make things difficult. Her sisters have been very supportive, my brothers and sister ditto.

Overall, other than the discomfort level for our parents, we are totally happy and have zero interest in getting married. What my girlfriend and I have - at the risk of sounding a bit granola - is natural and beautiful. We are two people bound together by our love and sexual attraction - yes, it IS both - and an expensive ceremony and a ring would not add to it one iota.

In fact, in a very real way, we both think it would cheapen it. It's like saying we can't be together and in a loving relationship without an insurance policy.

For the record, I have told my girlfriend that if she ever wants to get married, all she has to do is mention it and I would say "yes" in a heartbeat. Not because I need it, but because her happiness matters to me and if it makes her happy, then I am happy.

Neither of us wants to get married and the longer I have lived with my girlfriend and fathered children with her and held her in my arms, the even less the idea appeals to me.

Don't get me wrong, I am not against it. Especially for those for whom marriage is a covenant of their religion. (I even admire that in a way.) However, let's face it, they hand out marriage licenses like cotton candy and they are no longer worth the paper they are printed on. They can keep it. What I have with my girlfriend is the way nature intended and that makes it very real and beautiful to us.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd like to take some Relationships so far and actually marry the Girls i love, but i'm polyamorous by Nature and wouldn't want to put one of 2 to 5 Girls i might love on a Throne, while i had to let the other Girls i'd love at the same Time, kneel before that one, so to speak.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on whether she comes along or not, but I could care less about getting a certificate and having the government interfere with my relationships.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah one day but no where in my plans is that happening.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not really interested in it, but if she wants to, then I will. I don't really care. I've always thought of it as a girls thing, anyway.

0|0
    0|0
  • with girl that will be married , somethings else I will be single for I don't know between one and two there is no girl

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, i hope to get married someday soon.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd like to eventually marry

1|0
    0|0
  • No point to marriage and too much risk

1|0
    0|0
  • No, haven't got any plans yet

0|0
    0|0
  • yesss i want kids who looks like her
    😍

0|0
    0|0
  • I think no. Im afraid of marriage.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sure

0|0
    0|0
  • I already am

2|0
    0|0
  • I'm not a Westerner, so I will marry without sleeping many people until 30.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 21

• I don't care to get legally married. My man and I have talked about exchanging vows someday but it would just be a spiritual commitment as I believe marriage should be. Why should the government get involved with who you spend your life with?

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I want to get married. However, there aren't too many guys worth marrying anymore. The ones in my area are either on drugs, already married, or don't have anything going for them.

1|0
    0|0
  • I want to get married but I haven't liked somebody to even think of them as a boyfriend. So I'm wondering if I will.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes please I will be a wife.
    I don't do that long term girlfriend bullshit. I want my protection and benefits!

2|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I would get married any day now. I don't want to die alone while my friends go off making families.

0|0
    0|0
  • i'd be afraid to marry. but if i knew it was the right person then yes

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely. If I connect well with the right person.

0|0
    0|0
  • I know that I'd prefer to but I know that it likely won't happen and it's not an essential.

0|0
    0|0
  • I no for sure that I really don't want to get married

1|0
    0|0
  • I fell in love with my husband and he proposed on Valentine day

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm already married with a adopted kid and a son on the way

0|0
    0|0
  • For sure?
    I don't know if I ever will get married or not. I don't care if I don't ever get married.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd like to get married but I attract men who are too smart.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I'm getting married on the 28th apirl

1|0
    0|0
  • I def want to

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I want to get married in the next 2 years

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely