Do You Support Same Sex Marriage?

I do but I’m The L group in LGBT community.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, of course. The US Supreme Court decision in Obergefell v Hodges in 2015 was correct: Banning or not honoring same-sex marriages is a violation of The Equal Protection Clause and Due Process Clause of the 14th Amendment.

===
    www.supremecourt.gov/.../14-556_3204.pdf

Held: The Fourteenth Amendment requires a State to license a marriage between two people of the same sex and to recognize a marriage between two people of the same sex when their marriage was lawfully licensed and performed out-of-State.

===

SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES

Nos. 14–556, 14-562, 14-571 and 14–574

JAMES OBERGEFELL, ET AL., PETITIONERS
    14–556 v.
    RICHARD HODGES, DIRECTOR, OHIO
    DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH, ET AL.;

VALERIA TANCO, ET AL., PETITIONERS
    14–562 v.
    BILL HASLAM, GOVERNOR OF
    TENNESSEE, ET AL.;

April DEBOER, ET AL., PETITIONERS
    14–571 v.
    RICK SNYDER, GOVERNOR OF MICHIGAN,
    ET AL.; AND

GREGORY BOURKE, ET AL., PETITIONERS
    14–574 v.
    STEVE BESHEAR, GOVERNOR OF
    KENTUCKY

ON WRITS OF CERTIORARI TO THE UNITED STATES COURT OF APPEALS FOR THE SIXTH CIRCUIT

[June 26, 2015]

JUSTICE KENNEDY delivered the opinion of the Court.

The Constitution promises liberty to all within its reach, a liberty that includes certain specific rights that allow persons, within a lawful realm, to define and express their identity. The petitioners in these cases seek to find that
    liberty by marrying someone of the same sex and having their marriages deemed lawful on the same terms and conditions as marriages between persons of the opposite sex.

No union is more profound than marriage, for it embodies the highest ideals of love, fidelity, devotion, sacrifice, and family. In forming a marital union, two people become something greater than once they were. As some of the petitioners in these cases demonstrate, marriage embodies a love that may endure even past death. It would misunderstand these men and women to say they disrespect the idea of marriage. Their plea is that they do respect it, respect it so deeply that they seek to find its fulfillment for themselves. Their hope is not to be condemned to live in loneliness, excluded from one of civilization’s oldest institutions. They ask for equal dignity in the eyes of the law. The Constitution grants them that right. The judgment of the Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit is reversed.

It is so ordered.

======

4|0
    0|0
    • 5d

I don’t live in America.

• 5d

Nonetheless, the logic is applicable everywhere. In short, either:

1) You support it because you understand empathy and tyranny of the majority

OR

2) You are short-sighted, lack empathy, poor at logic, and fail tp realuze that if the tyranny of the majority is not kept in check, sooner or later, it's going to come after you when you are in the minority.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm in the B group. You should be free to marry whoever you want.

3|0
    0|0
    • 5d

I live in country where it’s not legal they have domestic partnership.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 13

• I don't really support any marriage, mostly because it's outdated and people don't keep their promises anyway.

I can understand why people are against gay marriage. Marriage used to be a religious institution, and most religions frown upon homosexuality. Therefore gay marriage is an affront to people's religion.

0|0
    1|0
  • Marriage is an illusion.. queer people should be allowed to partake in the illusion as well. Equality for all.

2|0
    0|0
  • I don't support marriage of straight people, let alone same sex. It's an outdated concept, that we no longer have a need for.

0|0
    1|1
  • I don’t give a F, as long as they don’t approach me 🙃🙃

0|0
    2|0
  • Of course I do. I’m not an asshole.

3|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

2|0
    0|0
  • Yeah i still find it gross but thats their choice

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes, yes i do

2|0
    0|0
  • Yes , for the start

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope, just goes against my upbringing

0|0
    1|0
  • Not really.

0|0
    2|0
  • Absolutely, if that’s what they want. I have plenty of cousins and family members that are gay. They should have the same opportunities as everyone else.

2|1
    0|0
  • Sure not my business. If they want to sure!

2|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• I don't. To me I just don't think its right. Like let's say everyone in the entire world was married to the same sex... we would have no more population because its impossible for the Same sex to have kids unless they adopt. If we people don't populate the earth with children... we will eventually die out and go extinct.

0|0
    2|1
    • 5d

Not everyone get married has children.

• Show All
    • 5d

Homophobia at it finest.

• 5d

This is why I don't come out as bi. You never know.

• I dont care what they do. I dont hate nor support them

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I don't see any legit reason not to.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yup! I'm the B part :P

0|0
    0|0
  • NOPE

0|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes