As a guy who is married and used to want to get married, I don't understand why.
If you choose No, please give your reasons.
- Yes, if the right person comes by.Vote A
- No, even if the right person comes by.Vote B
As of today, this is the statistics:
1) Total 530 girls + 626 guys = 1,156 voted.
2) Of these, the majority 81% voted "Yes, if the right person comes by"
3) Among those who gave their reason (s), the common answers for "No, even if the right person comes by" are:
a) There is no need for legality to proof their love and commitment;
b) It's costly (wedding and/or in case of a divorce);
c) divorced and do not want to marry again;
Thank you everyone for your votes and comments.
Most Helpful Girls
Yes. I know that marriage is supposed to be hard, but it is also so beautiful in the way that it grows deeper. We will fight, but we will try out hardest to give and take and to be in it for the other person. On days when the passion disappears, we will choose to ACT in love even if the feelings are gone. I also think communication is important and something that couples often struggle with. I want us to be able to talk about our issues-- not being passive aggressive or expecting the other to know what is on our mind. I want us to try not to take gentle correction personally if its done with respect. I want us to try to see the best in each other. And lastly I think space and newness are really important. It's important to keep your own friends, have your own hobbies, etc. that your SO is not part of. You can't expect your SO to be your life. And then newness. You should both be working on yourselves always-- trying to grow and change intellectually, emotional, y spiritually, relationally etc.3THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
Maybe I’ll change my views one day, but no. My thing is, I have abandonment issues. And I’ve became okay with the thought of someone leaving me. But what I’m not okay with is someone making me think that they won’t and something like like marrigage would give me reason to believe that they wouldn’t. Making them leaving even harder than what it should be. I guess you could say I’ve just got a really big fear of it going bad.1THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
Most Helpful Guys
No, chance. Never!, I have always been single and I wish to remain single for life.
Reasons? Well there are many reasons. I will tell a few here, though. The important ones.
1. I am not a person who is tailor made for relationships. Not someone suited for relationships be it any type of relationship including marriage.
2. I am not a person who is very much inclined towards change, I mean I small changes do happen in my from time to time but basically I never want to change myself for anyone or anything. There will be no major change as such in my character/personality. Hence this thinking is not ideally suited for relationships ( in my view).
3. For me my standards, my principles and the rules I follow in my life are more important to me than the other person ( hypothetically speaking) and so the other person would have very little to no margin of error while doing things, the other person will always under all circumstances have to be cautious about their actions. There is no place for jokes, fun, pranks etc.
This can be tough if a person happens to be with me. For me my greatest strength have become my greatest weakness.
4. Even though I am a man of high morals, values, principles but I am also a very selfish type of person. It's tough to say in what way I am selfish though and up to what extent but I am very selfish indeed and hence it's best to remain single for life with this attitude.
5. Just like any other man, I also have my set of insecurities but I also how to deal with them effectively, in my own ways ( I don't care if the world approves that or not) and so for the reason best known to me, I refuse to believe that a woman can be committed to me, I refuse to believe that a woman can remain loyal and devoted to me. There is no way I can ever get convinced or believe that.
Hence I am staying single for life, out of my own free will.
6. For me there is nothing more important to me than my objective of life ( Staying single for life) that is my purpose of life, and so relationships hold no importance in my life.
Okay, so these were the important reasons for me to never get married. There are many more, but I won't share them here.4THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
Ask a lawyer to tell you, in detail, what a woman can (and probably will) do to you in divorce court; as well as how spousal and child support will impoverish you for the rest of your life.
As the lawyer how you can be held in prison indefinately if you do not pay the child support. Whether or not you have the capacity to pay is irrelevant.
So, lose your job, or business is slow... straight to prison.
Ask the lawyer how you can be ordered to pay child support for children who are not yours.
Ask the lawyer how you can be dragged to prison, held without trial and lose your Second Amendment right as a result of an unproven allegation of domestic violence. The current definition of domestic violence has expanded to include a raised voice, or a refusal to give a woman money when she demands it.
Ask the lawyer how a man can be dating a women, she calls the police and makes an allegation of domestic violence, he is dragged away in chains and a7THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
- Show AllShow Less