Singles, will you consider marriage?

I have friends who told me they will not get married.

As a guy who is married and used to want to get married, I don't understand why.

If you choose No, please give your reasons.
Singles, will you consider marriage?
  • Yes, if the right person comes by.
  • No, even if the right person comes by.
28 June 2018

As of today, this is the statistics:

1) Total 530 girls + 626 guys = 1,156 voted.

2) Of these, the majority 81% voted "Yes, if the right person comes by"

3) Among those who gave their reason (s), the common answers for "No, even if the right person comes by" are:

a) There is no need for legality to proof their love and commitment;

b) It's costly (wedding and/or in case of a divorce);

c) divorced and do not want to marry again;

Thank you everyone for your votes and comments.

96143

Most Helpful Girls

• Yes. I know that marriage is supposed to be hard, but it is also so beautiful in the way that it grows deeper. We will fight, but we will try out hardest to give and take and to be in it for the other person. On days when the passion disappears, we will choose to ACT in love even if the feelings are gone. I also think communication is important and something that couples often struggle with. I want us to be able to talk about our issues-- not being passive aggressive or expecting the other to know what is on our mind. I want us to try not to take gentle correction personally if its done with respect. I want us to try to see the best in each other. And lastly I think space and newness are really important. It's important to keep your own friends, have your own hobbies, etc. that your SO is not part of. You can't expect your SO to be your life. And then newness. You should both be working on yourselves always-- trying to grow and change intellectually, emotional, y spiritually, relationally etc.

• Maybe I’ll change my views one day, but no. My thing is, I have abandonment issues. And I’ve became okay with the thought of someone leaving me. But what I’m not okay with is someone making me think that they won’t and something like like marrigage would give me reason to believe that they wouldn’t. Making them leaving even harder than what it should be. I guess you could say I’ve just got a really big fear of it going bad.

• Fear of it going bad is the first step for it to actually go bad; screw this question, marriage is not important, people are.

Most Helpful Guys

• No, chance. Never!, I have always been single and I wish to remain single for life.

Reasons? Well there are many reasons. I will tell a few here, though. The important ones.

1. I am not a person who is tailor made for relationships. Not someone suited for relationships be it any type of relationship including marriage.

2. I am not a person who is very much inclined towards change, I mean I small changes do happen in my from time to time but basically I never want to change myself for anyone or anything. There will be no major change as such in my character/personality. Hence this thinking is not ideally suited for relationships ( in my view).

3. For me my standards, my principles and the rules I follow in my life are more important to me than the other person ( hypothetically speaking) and so the other person would have very little to no margin of error while doing things, the other person will always under all circumstances have to be cautious about their actions. There is no place for jokes, fun, pranks etc.

This can be tough if a person happens to be with me. For me my greatest strength have become my greatest weakness.

4. Even though I am a man of high morals, values, principles but I am also a very selfish type of person. It's tough to say in what way I am selfish though and up to what extent but I am very selfish indeed and hence it's best to remain single for life with this attitude.

5. Just like any other man, I also have my set of insecurities but I also how to deal with them effectively, in my own ways ( I don't care if the world approves that or not) and so for the reason best known to me, I refuse to believe that a woman can be committed to me, I refuse to believe that a woman can remain loyal and devoted to me. There is no way I can ever get convinced or believe that.

Hence I am staying single for life, out of my own free will.

6. For me there is nothing more important to me than my objective of life ( Staying single for life) that is my purpose of life, and so relationships hold no importance in my life.

Okay, so these were the important reasons for me to never get married. There are many more, but I won't share them here.

• Ask a lawyer to tell you, in detail, what a woman can (and probably will) do to you in divorce court; as well as how spousal and child support will impoverish you for the rest of your life.
    As the lawyer how you can be held in prison indefinately if you do not pay the child support. Whether or not you have the capacity to pay is irrelevant.
    So, lose your job, or business is slow... straight to prison.
    Ask the lawyer how you can be ordered to pay child support for children who are not yours.
    Ask the lawyer how you can be dragged to prison, held without trial and lose your Second Amendment right as a result of an unproven allegation of domestic violence. The current definition of domestic violence has expanded to include a raised voice, or a refusal to give a woman money when she demands it.
    Ask the lawyer how a man can be dating a women, she calls the police and makes an allegation of domestic violence, he is dragged away in chains and a

• (contimued)
      court will award the woman possession/ownership of the man’s house.
      Ask the lawyer about legislators talking about creating a law that would give a woman claim on a man’s property if she was dating hime. Not cohabitating as a common-law wife, just dating and living separately.
      Women have become completely toxic and become more dangerous to your wealth and liberty every day.
      Stay single.
      Stay celibate.
      Do not even speak with women, unless it cannot be avoided.
      Record everything.

• @AlbanianYoungLady. I don't have the right education in order to fight for men's rights. But I'm happy to stand with men in any way I can. But for now I live my life to be faor to men. Like when my sons father and i split i didn't take him to court to get full custody and child support. I told him i wanted us to share custody and us be responsible for taking care of him physically, emotionally, and financially when he was with us. And I don't have a problem with men hating some women. I have a problem with men hating all women because they think we are all money grubbing whores waiting to destroy them.

• If women speak about their privileges
      Then there will be no reason for any man to hate women
      Like i said those men who hate women don't want troubles
      Because of how injustices are there against them

What Girls Said 94

• Yes, I'd love to be married but just because I want it doesn't mean it will happen. People don't always get the things in life they want the most.

• I’m half an half. I’ve been married. My divorce was finalized in 2015. My ex husband destroyed me and it’s taken a long time to recover from the abuse. I’m still healing, still have walls. It’s hard for me to let anyone in completely. I’ve always sworn I was never going to marry again. I feel like divorce is a failure. Even though I divorced because of abuse, I still feel like I failed on my vows and thus, I will never marry again. I’m perfectly content spending the rest of my life with someone, but I don’t need a piece of paper to display my love and loyalty and commitment. My last husband didn’t value that paper. It’s meaningless.

That said, the guy I’m with now is patient, kind, generous, understanding and has stuck around through everything. Even the days I try and push him away, he refuses to go. He’s slowly rebuilding my trust and faith in good men and healing my heart. I feel my walls breaking down with him. He’s everything I’ve ever wanted in a guy.

Will we make it to the point of engagement and marriage? Who knows. I’ve already told him I’m never getting married again (he has never been married but has been engaged), and it would take literally the perfect guy to change my mind on that.

If he asked me, I would 100% say yes.

• Thanks for the bitter-sweet life story.

And you're a person with inner strength (a compliment). I wish you succeed in your relationship and happiness for life.

• Well tell me why? I mean, to me marriage is nothing but a symbol of so called "love". Why do you need to get married instead of being in a long term relationship for the rest of your life? Does marriage make you not cheat? Does it make you love someone more? I'm sorry, but if it does, then you shouldn't be with them in the first place. They're supposed to do that. All I see in marriage is this. At the very least in non-prenuptial situations.
    Couple gets married, couple has kids, a spouse files for divorce. The spouses get half of everything and custody of children is taken care of. Now, tell me this. Why should your spouse get half of everything you've worked for, unless you both have worked equally hard in it, which is usually not the case at all. And then there is the problem of custody. It's a huge mess. Kids tend to get messed up in the process and well shit happens.
    So yet again, I honestly don't see the point of marriage.
    * Note: child custody honestly has no place in this since the same thing would happen in a relationship. It was just mentioned as a point, in marriage.*
    Also it costs a shit ton of money if you want the fairy tale wedding which people will judge you on if you don't get. So yeah. And engagement rings too. And basically every single cost put into the wedding. Ugh, what a pain.

• Well questions are always as if everything is normal. But things are normal at all in life and in reality and if you say that they call you crazy. But it is normal not to be perfect as christians and as perfect as Jesus and its blessed followers ofcourse. I mean god must be in his church and with his church and have joy just be in a bible book and never move not being interested in realy life ofcourse like a god of plastic never would or of metal and harsh and cold or dead and a robot and not existing. Because that is what I think God of the christians is and just in the US what is weird. But it is normal people in our world do never marry because you have to do that in a dumb church or state or what ever what is not perfect. Perhaps if god exists he would notice his christians took all trees a way and there is no nature but just dumb dead cities with evil people who are plastic fake and greedy and loveless. So who would make a fuss anyway about it with governments and parents who care only about money.

• I'm divorced and will never get married again. I will never combine finances with somebody again. I will never be the primary source of income for another partner or their family members again. When I am down with somebody, I like the ability to just leave and have no legal ties holding me to them.

• I've never had a boyfriend and I am 18. I would want to get married at the correct time in the future because I love the idea of spending the rest of my life with my best friend by my side. And I'd love to commit to someone and have someone commit to me as well

• Yes, and no. Yes because I want to be known as his wife etc, but no because it's a waste of money and time. We could split up in a few years. Anything can happen as sometimes it's not forever. If we grew old and remained in love still then I was lucky to have that kind of man, but not men/women are in it for the long hall.

I want a man who LITERALLY wants to grow old with me and will do everything he can to be just mine.

• But that's not all you want, because out of all the men who ostensibly could do that, probably millions of guys around the world could be that man for you, but out of all of them, you'd still like to select the most attractive one with the best prospects and the most going for him.

You wouldn't want to settle for the guy who loves you just as much but is like, four inches shorter, right?

• Are you kidding me? I am single because I am waiting for the right guy. I don't want to settle for anything less, but I do want to settle eventually. I hope to find someone, but I am not expecting it to happen very soon.

• I would marry but in all honestly it'd probably be for the sake of sticking to societal norms, because personally I don't see how marriage is any different from a long-term relationship. It's such an archaic concept for something that's just a formality, or another added label to something that doesn't need one

• Absolutely. And the right guy has come along and I shall be marrying him this coming November.

• I'll commit myself to my man but I've learned to much can go wrong. I can't say I will spend forever with someone because if they f'ck up and cheat I'm not gonna stay. People go into marriage with the right intentions but don't foresee that sometimes people will grow apart. The odds aren't exactly that great either with 50% of marriages ending in divorce. And if it doesn't work out in the end there's no messy divorce battles. You take what's yours and I'll take what's mine.

• I would like to get married, and I am actually engaged. I'm the type of person who enjoys tradition, and am somewhat old fashioned in some sense of the word. My fiance though is going into the air force, and the only way I can move with him if we are married. That's not why I'm marrying him, there are many reasons why I am.

• I wouldn't by choice because I feel like I don't need a paper to tell me my relationship is real and permanent (kind of) but I would for the benefits... Because honestly there are more benefits for married couples than for the ones that aren't ( and that's not fair)
    But I had the benefits without having to marry I wouldn't... Too much fanfare for my liking and too manu troubles...

• the fanfare and expense are a choice of those involved, never ceases to maze me how people will go thousands in debt over putting on a show and then spend the first 30 years of their marriage living in poverty to pay for it. justices of the peace still charge $20 and its just as legal

• I know... I could do a trip to somewhere very luxurious instead of a wedding...
      But it's the dream of many people and who i am to tell them not to do it?

• its their choice, be smart or put on a big show of how stupid they can be... lol

• Marriage is an outdated concept. What's the point? I don't need a piece of paper to bind me to someone; if I love someone I will be committed to them. Plus the traditions make me nauseated... being 'given away'? Astounds me that people aren't offended by that. Plus, I'd rather save my money for something better.

• Agree totally... despite having been married ( mainly because my ex's parents are Italian , with all the religious guilt BS that comes with it ) Well put !!

• I think there are some financial benefits, especially in the United States. But, I'm not totally on the band wagon for marriage.

• When I was 14 I told my teacher that I never wanted to get married, its a lot of commitment. And most relationships end really quickly. Now that i think about it i would if I found someone that understood me and treated me right, but if he did purpose i would wait two years before making it offical.

• Yes but I'd wanna keep my last name though. I'm a woman and an only child. Plus My name is just perfect and unique and majestic. I'd might add his last name to mine depending if it would go together nicely. I like my crush's last name so I hope he marries me

• Can you list the benefits of Marriage?
    Does it just come down to benefits?

• Marriage is a formal public declaration of the love between the couple. I serves as a "protection" for them as all who witness their union will forever keep their peace and not "invade" the family, for God's sake.

PS: in all sincerity, all married couples should learn to resolve marital problems in love and humility, and not use the D-word as an easy exit.

PPS: marriage is a vow to love one another for a lifetime. Before God and man, both should uphold this vow until one of them dies.

• If "benefits" (love is not a benefit but a principle and a gift; sex is a gift resulting from the loving couple) is all the couple seeks, then I think the marriage has already fail before it even begins.

• Marriage is not a priority for me. I don't have my life planned out. If it happens, it happens and if it does, it will likely happen because it feels right at the time. Otherwise, it is not important to me.

• I am with the right guy, but we have no intention of getting married, or of having kids. Marriage is irrelevant to us, and I do not want to waste 7 years at uni to play mother to screaming kids!

• Nope, I don't need a ring and papers to be together with someone for a longer time

• Well, ring and papers are a cultural way to legally signify the marriage.. But Marriage is more of a commitment.. That for better or for worse I'm here witchu and I love you.. It's more about truly becomin one person..

• @JDavid25 oh... you're in the event industry?

What a coincidence! I'm an event technician for over a decade!

(I meet emcees and deejay and artists... my job is all but boring. Fun and excitement is my career LOL!)

• Aw okay.. That's wassup gettin that thang done in life.. And well I'm workin on it.. 8).. LOL..

• I voted yes, but it's really a maybe and that's where I lean towards the most. There was a time that I absolutely wanted my "fairy tale" wedding day to come true. But going through a couple nightmarish relationships I'm now not so sure. Seems like people don't care about love and commitment anymore. That or I'm a hopeless romantic.

Besides, there's not a lot of benefits for marriage anymore and it's WAY too easy to get a divorce. So people rush into marriage saying, "it's no biggie if it doesn't work out." If the right guy came along who was serious about me. And if divorce laws change to be more difficult to get, I would definitely consider it. So as of right now I'm skeptical to the idea, yet not completely opposed to it yet.

• Makes everything so complicated and really doesn’t change a good relationship. But then I’m in the frame of mind that 10 years is about what two people can do together after that you want the new again

• I still have hopes for marriage. They aren't that high anymore, but they're still there. I realize that some people just aren't meant for anyone, and the older I get the more I realize that I'm probably one of those people.

• My neice got married when she literally found her dream man in the trash (He was a worker at the belt she was bringing something to) at the age of 40. Don't give up hope but start looking more actively. It will happen as you deserve love.

• I get hundreds of women and men come to me unhappy and miserable because they have got married to the wrong person. They then cry and moan about it for days, , months or years, sometimes feeling trapped because they do not have a job or are stuck at home with a baby. What sort of life is that? Then I have clients who come to me who are wealthy and very hard working, very smart, very educated, very wise, and they do want love and a proper committed relationship but not if it means that whoever they marry is dim or lazy or they end up with half of everything they worked hard for. The women who are eager to marry are often immature and needy, clingy and insecure, and think that a piece of paper will guarantee them love and happiness forever, which is rather naive. IF they live with their parents or in a small room they have nothing to lose, if they do not work or work in a crappy job they have nothing to lose, each is different.

• I don't want to get married ever I lovey freedom too much. I'm in a committed relationship but that's as far as I will go. No living together or marriage.

• Don't get me wrong, as much as I enjoy being single and living the high life, I'm hoping to meet that special guy someday. And that he's a nice gentlemen who's much like me and respects me.

• I'd like to get married with my ideal man but here i am still searching for him. So i voted yes but i guess i won't get married in real life.

• Of you're indeed 23, don't worry. You're still young and many modern women marry after 28.

Also visit charitable and religious institutions. You need not become a believer. Go there to find a mate.

Most of the guys there will want to get married as long as they are materially and emotionally ready. (I found my wife from a church).

So be positive and make it your "career" to look for a husband. Good luck. 😁

• thanks i hope time change things :)

• Time won't. Age with maturity will.

• I'd love to marry but not many people my age want to. A lot of people just want sex and that's it. That's so boring and lazy.

• I think it's better to share your life with on person, and if you and that person truly love each other, then why not prove your loyalty and commitment with marriage?❤

• I don't see point of marriage and I don't think marriage is for everyone.

• Show more from Girls
    64

What Guys Said 141

• Answered NO, though my reasons are different from that you added to your B option. My girlfriend and I have been together for 12 years, lived together for 10, and have three children together - ages 7, 6 and 4. The first two were unplanned pregnancies.

We have no desire to be married. We think what we have is natural and beautiful and would be diminished by a silly ceremony and an expensive ring.

For anyone for whom marriage is a religious sacrament, I have nothing but respect. However, as to the rest, marriage licenses are a dime a dozen. They had them out like candy.

Besides, anyone who need a permission slip from the state - the only "contract" that government, since no fault divorce, will NOT enforce - to make their relationship mean something probably has bigger problems with the relationship than they realize. It is a useless piece of paper that mostly gives the government standing to adjudicate property and visitation rights when a couple's eternal love is not eternal anymore.

What my girlfriend and I have is beautiful and frankly we are more devoted to each other than half of the married couples we know. Frankly, except in a religious context, at this point it is meaningless.

• I voted yes because I considered it and the answer is no way in f. I seconded that with a vasectomy. So, the basic reason is I can't take a woman serious. They are so full of sht and themselves that I believe they are all destined for a future hell on earth and I will not be dragged into it with them.

When I look at a woman anymore all I see is a walking disease (physical and social) and mental disorder on two legs. And, I am not even including the legal ramifications and government regulation and retribution on relationships and marriage. That adds an entirely new dimension to "run like hell".

So assuming all I said is ratified and corrected and then little Miss. perfect comes along, then you have Briffault's Law see : Briffault's Law - Understanding How Relationships Work ↗ wow doesn’t that sound wonderful.

There will be plenty to carry on the species without me sacrificing my soul.

• I’m not against marriage but I’ve definitely taken it off my list of main life goals. In fact I’ve met many people who’ve felt right and have routinely chosen to stay single.
    Why? Well there’re many reasons
    1. I’m weird but also a huge family guy. Most people weird enough to make me feel understood and connected don’t fit in well with my family. Me being raised in my family is pretty much the main binding factor between me and them but I care for them more than anyone else in the world. I don’t want to have to choose but I also don’t want to force anyone into an environment where they fear being themselves.
    2. I enjoy only being responsible for me. I can eat what I want go where I want and do what I want whenever. It’s great. Although I already have constraints, marriage is one of the few entirely voluntary ones.
    3. The law. Divorce and Child Custody hearings often don’t leave men in good condition. I’m terrified of having a girl build a life with me and then take it all away. I’ve witnessed too many of these cases first hand to not see this as a real threat.
    4. I’ve never enjoyed being emotionally reliant on others nor am I a highly sexual person. So relationships don’t have much benefit for me beyond the potential for more family and a long term companion. My mom’s family is massive and extremely close so the former is not that pressing either. Instead of dating, I just work really hard to maintain my friendships for as long as possible.
    5. Money. I’ve never been in debt never needed a credit card and have been slowly working my way towards complete financial independence and early retirement. So far most girls I’ve met are 10s of thousands of dollars in debt at minimum not to mention that the burden of most “romantic” activities lays mostly on my pockets. Not complaining about it. It’s societies fault not these women’s. I’m just kinda reluctant to participate in it.
    6. My degree. I studied biology in college and got really fascinated with reproduction. It unfortunately demistified a lot about dating and now most relationships feel less like a Disney movie that happens to me and more like a project or art piece that’s the results of my efforts. Which I’ll admit has made me kind of cold.
    So in short the benefits are low and the cost are high. It’s just not a smart move for me at the moment. I really hope that things change. I’d much rather have a wife but It feels like cutting of a leg for a pair of boots right now.

• Never. Marriage works against men in the 21st century. I got nothing to gain. Only lose. And it's an outdated tradition. I would rather keep myself safe than risk losing over half of everything I worked for. In fact, I'm planning on remaining single forever. There are many other personal reasons though. I'm sorry to my family but you will never become grandparents or great grandparents for probably 15+ years if my sister has kids someday.

• there is nothing like a shared commitment of permanence to let you know where you stand, a foundation built on rock, not blowsand. without a commitment, it doesn't matter how many years your relationship lasts, you're still just ships passing in the night and waiting for an excuse to leave

• I will definitely consider marriage when I meet the right person. It’s taking longer than I would like but I don’t want to settle either. I would only like to marry because I truly believe I can’t be without her and that I want to spend the rest of my life with her. I’m willing to wait until I meet the right one for that feeling. I think she is out there somewhere. I’m sure yours is too.

• With marriage brings laws and papers and a lot of money to pull off and blah.

Marriage isn't necessary for the love of two people to come together. Nothing really changes, apart from what laws we are now correlated with That's it. That's why I don't want it. It's overrated, nerv-wracking, costly, constraining (if you break up you have to file for divorce), or in other words: too complicated.

• Losing half of everything that u worked for,

because your wife wakes up one morning & doesn't want to be married anymore,

is a huge unnecessary risk for most men. Most can't identify positives of being married outside of religious customs reasons

• I'd marry. It's not like everyone is single because they chose to be. There are some people who choose to be single, clearly. But don't generalize everyone, it's really frustrating when someone asks me why Im single or why I won't get a girlfriend. I'm sorry I can't just make a girlfriend appear like you can.

• Marriage isn't a big deal for me. If she wants to, I'm down. If she's a new age don't-care type, that's fine too. But it wouldn't be an open relationship either way, gotta have commitment to the person you love. Loyalty is key

• Unless you want kids and a family, there is no reason for any guy to get married. Just look at all the risk guys take career wise and financially! Women have all the power. They control finances, where you live, what car you drive, what colour the house is, they control sex and reproductive planning, and have more legal rights than you do during a separation or divorce.

• Well marriage isn't a big deal. My parents aren't married and still together. The ceremony is usually what people are into but the ceremony is religious and has some sexist thing like the father giving away his daughter to the husband like property. Not that I don't get why people ignore that part of it but I certainly not desperate to experience it.
    Plus actual marriage (legally) just feels like it exists to make it harder to break up if things aren't working out. So I don't see the point.

• I wanna say I'll never get married cause I don't want to.
    But, I'm already involved with a girl that I might end up marrying.
    And if its possible to feel this way about this girl, its possible to feel this way about another girl I might meet in the future.
    So I don't know, I don't wanna, but I'll probably fuck up and marry someone someday.

• 1 It is a rather unnecessary tradition
    2 it only works if you are with the perfect person and you are the perfect person for them
    3 if 2 is false then it becomes hell/slavery for the other
    4 for guys at least there is almost 0 benefit because females are mostly autonomous now a days

• Most defiantly, I would love to commit to someone I fall in love with. I don't want a friends with benefits.

• I'd rather not get married. I see it as a very expensive "I love you" contract that takes a lot of time and money and is sort of pointless. Plus I'd rather not be legally tied to another person, it's hard to get out of and essentially binds you to another person for life, not something I really want.

• If she really values the fairy tale ceremony i would do it with a modified contract to state its a symbolic marriage only and there are no shared goods. If the marriage is a success that would mean there is no difference but if it fails i would still have my own savings and belongings secured.

• Marriage is just a legal contract. I think if our society keeps going in the direction it's going then we will become another culture that does not have marriage, at least not commonly, as historically marriage was just the ownership of a woman by her husband and in the present day, it's not very useful to either party.

Besides, I've seen what happens to men like me. We have to be alone our whole lives and then some divorcee picks us up when we're desperate, not because they love us even they might like us and be committed to us, but it's passionless. They love us like a pet. They do it because they need economic stability to buy that dream house they wanted. Happened to my mother's husband, happened to my grandmother's husband, almost happened to my older brother, happened to my close friend's dad. We get basically ignored by women our whole lives and suddenly when they need something we're back in play.

• Your comment paints a very bleak outlook on marriage and family ties.

But I have to admit, it holds a lot of truth since year 2000. 😔

• If there are to be Children in the mix, you SHOULD get married and stay so.

I suspect many younger people are not thinking that far ahead, or are finding such difficulty in potential spouse material that they have given up. :(

For those of us "over the hill" for children, well, what is the point of marriage now?

• Im not single, im in a relationship, but I have no plans to ever get married. My girlfriend and I agreed that if we wanted to do something to demonstrate our commitment and love then we would do something unique, fun and worth the time and money. Not just spend it on having the same day as everyone else.
    To us, marriage is outdated and serves no real purpose.

• I don't see a point to marriage. To me, a marriage puts an end date on the relationship. So if I love you as much as I claim I do, why can't we just be together and love each other without having to fall into some archaic tradition that, in my opinion, places unhealthy expectations onto the people involved and ruins what they had.

• My entire life I wanted to get married one day until the time period of September 2017- today. Simply because I witnessed in this short amount of time how marriages can be ruined so easily. There's been at least 8 married women trying to have sex or kissed/make out with me, gone on dates, or anything else to disrespect the meaning of the ring. It seems like marriage is just a title. And on some of these occasions it happened right in front of the husband.

• I feel like I have better things to do than get married, as I have never lived any time for me. I have always had to suffer for my parents. No more.
    Soon this will be MY time.
    I'd like to date around tho, nothing serious,

• I was the romantic who always wanted marriage, kids, and a house.
    I've been married twice now and will never do it again. Marriage is just a piece of paper nowadays, and most women change after marriage. (And I don't mean gradually change.)
    I suppose after some time, I may change my mind, but it's not what I'm looking for or want anymore.

• No. The core reason? Marriage is a vanity. It doesn't make the relationship any more significant or stronger than it already is.

It'd make me happy to find a woman who I can love forever, and I don't need a couple of rings to prove my love.

• There aren't enough good husbands/wives out there for everybody.

Probably only 1/3rd of people in either gender are capable of making good mates.

Good people don't always fall in love with good people, either, so that skews it even more. Lots of good wives are married to bad husbands and that makes them unavailable for good husbands, and vice versa. Which means the good husbands have one less good wife to choose from, and vice versa.

• Never in all eternity will I be bound by the sexual discrimination that is marriage. You want to take my money? FK off. Fk marriage laws. My right person would understand giving a single fk about how society expect us to get married is beyond useless.

• I would love to find love and get married and maybe have kids but reality is it is highly unlikely plus the fact of cost going up all the time my niece wants to get married to her boyfriend but cost is stopping her too

• I won't get married again unless it's absolutely necessary (only got married for visa purposes). For me, it doesn't add anything to the relationship and it's much harder to break up when you need to divorce.

• I was married
    I would like to be again even if it turned out poorly before
    But I think because it turned out poorly it would be hard to trust another again
    So I would for the right person but I would have to be really really sure she would be the right person this time

• Show more from Guys
    111