Should I go to my friend's wedding?

I just found out one of my best friends is getting married in April. He invited me to the wedding. I've been crushing on him for years. He's always known this. For various reasons, he's always been unavailable to me, but I still feel like I'm losing him now that he's finally getting married. Should I go, or should I send my regrets and tell him I'm crazy busy with work (I will be working 70-80 hrs a week once I start my new job)? Thanks.
Thank you for your advice. I think I should probly go. I'm not gonna cause a scene or anything. No one knows I'm crushing on him but him and me.
I'm not gonna go. It wouldn't be a good idea. He understands. Thanks for your advice.

2246

Most Helpful Guys

• Hmmm then you'll have to decide if you can take the pain for someone who has always been a close friend first for you. If the friendship, being there for your best friend who invited you, is worth more than watching him somewhat slip away from you romantically... I mean he's still going to be there for the most part. All be it, you possibly won't see him as much or as before, but he's still in your life...

I don't know, if it's more than a crush and you have a deeper love for him, it'd probably be too much to go, but if it's a crush and you value your friendship of his, than go and wish him happiness, since that's what you probably want for him anyhow.

• concentrate mainly on friendship and go to share his special day but also it will give you closure on any thought of you being together romantically

Most Helpful Girls

• I think you should buy the sexiest dress you can find and great pair of heel and go. Make sure to dance with every cute guy there too during the reception, have fun!

• You have just given Me "Probable Cause" for you to Probably Best... Stay home. It is going to Most Likely End up Making you Depressed all Day and it could Rub off on the Groom with your Gloom. xxoo