Parents who live far away don’t want me to get married without them - but won’t attend wedding. What should I do?

My fiancé, his family and all our friends live on the west coast. My parents and sisters live on the east coast. My sisters are happy to come to my wedding on the west coast. However, my dad says he can’t leave his business for even a day (he’s a workaholic who has more than enough money to retire, or cut back his hours, but refuses to do so). My mother suffers from an untreated mental illness and says that travelling is too stressful and she can’t be away from her pharmacist (ie. her addiction to prescription medication).

What should I do? I haven’t lived on the east coast for over a decade and don’t want to get married there. But, despite their faults, I would like my parents at our wedding.

11