Why don’t some people want to get married?

I’ve noticed a lot of people, mainly men, who don’t want to get married. Please don’t get mad, I just want to know the reason why you made your decision.

0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• I am common law with my girlfriend. We didn't get married because we thought the idea of a wedding and buying her a rock is complete waste of money, time and effort. We put money into a house instead. We don't need a marriage certificate to make us happy or stay together because we actually love each other and like it as it is.

In general, it is not safe for a man to get married anyway in these times. Men have so much to lose and nothing to gain from a marriage that he can't already have with a solid relationship. Women unfairly have all the reproductive, legal and financial rights over a man during a separation or divorce. It's always the man who loses everything when things go bad. He pays alimony, he pays child support, he has to move out, he loses his kids, he loses his life savings and pension to pay for her lawyer. It's a no win situation. When about 50% of marriages end in some sort of separation, it is hard for men to want to get in line and sign up for that.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont know? I wanna marry a girl some day and start a family.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because it's pointless for me... every single woman I've been with has treated me like shit so me marrying is a huge mistake...

0|0
    0|0
  • They have seen the bad side of girls/women i guess.😝😝

0|0
    0|0
  • I didn't see the need for the state to get involved in my relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • There are no benefits in being married for a man.

0|0
    0|0
  • Chicken shit people scared to commit

0|0
    0|0
  • Scared to lose our freedom.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• i’m a lady, and i have problems with marriage because of things that have happened in the past and negative things that i’ve related to marriage as a child. sometimes it’s hard to break through things you learned as a kid

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they’ve been reading science articles online “proving men are polyamorous.”

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes