What is your biggest fear about getting married?

0|2

Most Helpful Guys

• For men it is divorce. You could potentially lose most of what you have. That might not be a huge deal if you can afford to bounce back from it but it could be life destroying if you can't. I went from owning a home full of nice things plus 2 cars and now the ex-wife has it all plus a $1000 a month while I live in a 30 year old motorhome barely surviving.

1|3
    0|0
    • well good luck mate hope your situation improves

• My wife and I are seven years beyond that point... Actually we never honestly
    were in that position, being we been in each other’s lives since the age of
    eight and inseparable as a couple since thirteen. But my biggest fear personally
    was what others would say about us wedding at eighteen, just days after our
    birthdays. lol

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• My biggest fear is to have a kid , I need to get up constantly in nights and in the day I still need to work as a profession... and if my husband just sleeps through every night and doesn't actually help.

0|1
    0|0
    • That's why a woman's ultimate profession must be a housewife...

• Show All
    • @TonyMetal86 if it were perfect no changes would have been made. but it was not perfect, the women felt miserable and wanted a change.

• The women felt miserable because of the men who made them feel like slaves and never appreciated them and treat them just like nothing more then a spare sex doll and had no right... etc

• That my husband falls out of love for me and then wants to divorce.
    OR
    He falls out of love for me, cheats and then wants a divorce.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• 1: way too much money for a ceremony and a stupid piece of paper.
    2: in the Netherlands lone mothers / fathers get extra money, this goes down and sometimes away once you get married.
    3: if it fails and she has the kids, you are obligated to way stupid amounts of money.
    4: i don't need a stupid ring, ceremony and a piece of paper to show i can be loyal to someone.

0|2
    0|0
    • money money money in your mind

• Show All
    • well you'd get less taxes as a married couple than unmarried one

• for the expenses of a few thousands yeah.
      i don't think that investment is worth it.

• The losing of half of what I've got. LOL
    Seriously, that's the biggest fear for most men.
    Me? I was married to my first wife for 10 years, together about 13. That divorce cost me about a half-mil. Yep, about $500,000
    The second wife I've known for over thirty years, been married 26. She wanted to get married before we bought a house together. And had a kid.

People ask why divorces cost so much... BECAUSE IT'S WORTH IT!!!

0|2
    0|0
    • If she's the one who wants to leave or she's a cheater, does she still have the right to ask for money?
      Or you will divorce her without giving her a penny?

• Show All
    • I think it is realistic to want for the spouse to be faithful. I mean that IS in everyones wedding vows. I do want to be happy but I am well aware how hard the marriage can be, I've been long enough on this planet to witness many of them. the I love her but not inlove with her thing. well I guess lots of married couples at the very end become just best friends. but if you are still not too old and you could be INlove with someone, why shouldn't you be?

• Agreed.

Here's a few fun facts on marriages...
      A broken marriage can be repaired. About half of infidelity cases do not end in divorce. Go figure huh?
      About 75% of marriages endure some kind of infidelity.
      About 75-80% of divorces are initiated by women.
      Cheating is pretty well split 50-50 by gender, but women are better liars so the stats are skewed to men.

I like the analogy of a broken marriage to that of a shattered tea cup. You can glue it back together so it is completely functional again, but you can always see the cracks.

In my opinion people are never too old to be in love with somebody.

• Divorce. The rates are high, I watched my parents go through a pretty bad one, it seems like a toxic time. Especially if I have a kid, like I don't want any but if I do change my mind later and have one and then I'm left alone to raise them, ugh, I don't like that thought.

0|2
    0|0
  • Having to bust my ass payinh and doing everything for her and if I don't keep it up at a high Pace than she'll divorce me

1|1
    0|0
    • Show All
    • Its all good. I am better now, and stronger more than ever! Lol 😄💖😊

• Awesome 💔

• That it won't work out.
    My girlfriend and I are already discussing the possibility of marriage in a couple of years, we already know the best and the worst of each other.
    We are also of the idea of a solid prenuptial agreement, my fear regarding a divorce would be the effect on kids.

0|0
    0|0
    • And in our opinion, the sooner the better.
      We are two goal driven persons with careers, we don't exactly like wasting time.

• Show All
    • that's cool then. and you are very young, only 21, Im always impressed by guys who are so yound and do not feel the need to mess around with girls just want to marry one :) I wish you a happy life. But marriage takes work sometimes, so be prepared.

• Thank you for your kind words 🙂.
      I never felt the need nor saw the appeal in messing around with girls, my partner is the only girlfriend I've ever had and I'm happy that way.
      I know that marriage needs work and effort, we already put a lot of work in our relationship and I'm not kidding when I say we already saw the best and the worst of each other.

• That she'll hire a hit man to take me out after a while.

1|1
    0|0
    • lol are you that annoying?

• So is she. Helluva ride, and we don't want to get off, either one of us. Look at it this way, our marriage keeps everone else safe from us.

• well stick together then

• That it would make me miserable because it's not what I want to do. Same principle as skydiving, my biggest fear of which is that it would make me frightened and feel physically unwell because it is not what I want to do.

Skydiving does have a much smaller risk of failure though. Credit Bill Burr for that not myself. Bill Burr is a boss.

0|0
    0|0
  • He will fall out of love after some years. I'm really scared about that.

1|1
    0|0
  • If will be successful and be happy
    Because if I do marry, I will to take those vows seriously.

1|1
    0|0
  • That one day I'll be married and have children and my partner will just change their mind and leave

0|0
    0|0
  • Feeling smothered. I'm very much an introvert and need a lot of me time.

1|0
    0|0
  • Undererestimating how long "until death" is ending up in me getting bored of her and having missed some experiences I'll never be able to have noe.

0|0
    0|0
    • well just dont do it until you are ready. do everything you want before marriage so that once you settle down you are happy to do so and at peace

• Just getting used to the idea of being a wife instead of just a girlfriend/fiancée was intimidating.

0|0
    0|0
  • One of mine was.. what if i dont like her after a while?

0|1
    0|0
  • I just have no interest in getting married i just doesn't sound like something i would do or want

0|0
    0|0
    • You are too young to even start thinking about that. Wiat for some years when youa remore mature

• Falling out of love or getting betrayed.

2|0
    0|0
  • to wrong person and suffering.

0|2
    0|0
  • Being stuck in an unhappy one.

1|1
    0|0
  • Getting divorced.

1|0
    0|0
  • Commitment.

0|1
    0|0
  • Them becoming assholes after marriage.

1|2
    0|0
  • Getting divorced/replaced.

1|0
    0|0
  • Freedom
    Commitment
    Almost like a leash

0|0
    1|0
  • my wife being a cheating whore

1|1
    0|0
  • Divorce

1|0
    0|0
  • Getting cheated on.

1|0
    0|0
  • Loosing everything i own agian

0|1
    0|0
  • The divorce or death...

0|0
    0|0
  • Getting divorced and her trying to steal my stuff.

0|1
    0|0
  • Change my habit.

0|0
    0|0
  • being controlled.

1|0
    0|0
  • Divorce.

0|0
    0|0
  • Divorce

0|0
    0|0
  • Being screwed over by some fraud of a "lover".

0|1
    0|0
  • I would never do it. Give one reason why?

0|0
    0|0
    • If you even have to ask, you wouldn't understand the answer

• Show All
    • So after being unable to name one benefit you then want me to start naming stuff.
      Marriage rarely lasts a life time.

• I'm not naming them because I don't want to start a pointless argument, you will just start bashing each one. Reasons for getting married are obvious. Yes it rarely lasts a lifetime, this is why I asked this question.

• The bitch divorcing me and taking everything I have

0|1
    0|0
  • That my life will be over and wherever I am when I get married is where I'm going to be the rest of my life. That might not make sense, but that's how I feel.

0|0
    0|0
    • it makes sense, but don't worry being married to someone amazing can be an adventure. some people say that's where their life begins.

• That's true. I'm not sure why I think the opposite is going to happen, but I hope my marriage does become an adventure.

• Women can be pure evil, from what I've seen. Including my own mom. I'd rather just continue with girlfriends so I can leave them with ease.

0|3
    0|0
    • men can be pure evil too. some people are bad, some people are good. if you have a good judge of character just choose wisely and you'll be fine.

• Show All
    • how about treating their lady right so she won't want the divorce in the first place

• Same could be said about women, treat your man better

• Getting married.

0|0
    0|0
    • what a thoughtful answer

• I'm married and love it especially the romance and intimacy in all forms

0|0
    0|0
    • how long have you been married?

• 10 years I was 23 she was 30

• congrats, I hope you continue being happy

Recommended myTakes