Do you think it's wrong to pressure a man into marriage?

Like if a woman keeps asking why he won't propose,, does anyone find this wrong or just me? It's wrong to pressure a woman into sex, but not pressure a man into committing to one person for the rest of his life.
Wrong to pressure a man into marriage?
Wrong to pressure a man into marriage?
  • Yes
  • No

5349

Most Helpful Guys

• It depends. A woman has to be up front. If getting married and having a family is her goal than she should voice that early in a relationship. So for example a guy is just looking for fun but nothing serious or if a guy intends to never marry they should both know what each other's long term goals are so they can realize they aren't compatible.

I'd say if a woman was honest up front that she is looking for a long term mate and marriage is what her long term goal is and if the guy says that is what he is a looking for too and if they end up dating 3-4 years, she has the right to smell a "bait and switch" from him and ask what gives.

It just depends on the circumstances, what they've already discussed and how long they've been together.

• women like to talk, have direction, as they have a clock ticking... every month an embryo is screaming in their body to live. It's a diff reality, so it's ok to ask, but an't pressure, can give timeline...

I like how the cave women did this years ago. She and her GFs would hookup a snare line, when one of the thugs would come around to whack them and drag them back to his cave, they would catch him! drag him back, build a fire and makeout. he wouldn't want to leave as she made a nice dinner of fresh berries and wild game!

That's how online dating worked then... lol:)

Most Helpful Girls

• Is that really pressure though?
    Making sure someone is on the same page as you in a relationship is important and that means keeping communication open even if it’s uncomfortable. If she’s asking why he won’t propose and he keeps putting her off then there is no point staying in the relationship.
    I don’t think that question is trying to make him propose right now; rather that it is on the table and a rough time line as to when and I don’t think that’s unreasonable. If she wants marriage and he doesn’t then that should be said so both people can find partners more suited to their goals

• Women have a window! It goes by in a flash! Ideally, if you want to be having children, you will want to do this before 35. Men like to establish a relationship, test the waters. Be in a long term relationship (5+ years) before committing. This is great when you are 20. You have time... but if that first long term relationship doesn’t work... or the next one.. you are facing 30 with aging ovaries. I would have liked to have children... but due to feet dragging, indecision etc. It’s just too late. Women- you have a right to ask where a relationship is going. It’s your life! Own it!

• Well men can date a younger woman

• You can change your name without getting married.

• 3d

Thanks for the MHG