Do you think public proposals are stupid?

I think they're because they put too much pressure on the person to say yes. And i think these things should be done in private.

That's just my two cents👍

• Yes
  • No

5047

Most Helpful Guys

• I know I'm more practical and logical for the most part for these questions then real world values intended. Proposals are weird for me. It came from a time when a marriage prepositional also included 2 pigs and an anchor of land or an army allegiances between families for an upcoming war.

Old values controlling things they never imagined. It seems like a really odd side step of political marriages and the expectations of a public proposal. The grandeur of the whole thing and the evolution of how it came to be. It's odd all around for me.

• Yeah. It's putting pressure on the recipient. If the plan backfires, then the proposer will get VERY embarrassed very quickly. I don't agree with sharing private moments publicly.

Simples...

Most Helpful Girls

• Personally, I'm cool with a public or a private proposal. Either or, I have no real biased or preferred feelings on them. They just are what they are. Some are cute/simple and others over the top. Overall, I think for me it would all depend on the creativity of it all. Not the flair/glamor or simpleness.

If my boyfriend proposed to me in a way that's special and showed he put a lot of thought and time into it. Whether the fact its public or not wouldn't matter. His efforts would. And I'd be grateful with either.

• It’s very risky and pressuring for the person been proposed to! I don’t find it appealing, I think if the relationship is of 2 people, why bring spectators who are stranger into the picture? I just don’t like the idea of public proposals. 🤦🏻‍♀️😩