Am I making the right choice to hold off marriage?

I've been thinking for a long time now and I can't draw the conclusion of whether if I should have married my girlfriend a long time ago or if I'm making the right choice by putting off marriage until we're both prepared for it? Read below about my situation:

My girlfriend and I have been dating for almost 9 years now (9 years as of September 30th). We both love each other unconditionally, have seen our best/worst sides and still stand together faithful after all this time. The only things that were holding me back from marrying her were my lack of financial stability from a lack of a constant job and not being mature enough to take on the role of a responsible "Man". I still feel like I have the mentality of an 18 year old and I'm afraid of letting my girlfriend down for not being the role model boyfriend I want to be for her. She's been pulling most of the weight financially and in the household which may explain my low confidence in wanting to ask her hand in marriage.

Am I making the correct and logical choice to continue maturing and waiting till I have a stable career to marry her or should that have not mattered? Most women wouldn't have waited this long for someone to marry them and I'm surprised my girlfriend has this much patience waiting for me. If there's any details I left out, let me know! Thank you for reading.

Am I making the right decision to make her wait any longer?
2 mo
Sorry for the delay! I was trying to catch up with everyone on here when I had the time! To those who said to talk to her about it, she said she doesn't mind waiting for me when she believes there's potential for a very happy marriage here after we've known each other for almost 17 years now. I told her she's welcome to leave the relationship at any time but she has no desire to. I'm hoping to be ready for marriage within the next year or before/on our 10th year anniversary date!
16
25