My boyfriend told me last night that he was gone so long because he was looking at rings?

Anonymous
I just need to know if you guys think I may be overthinking this one. I will be quick.

So, marriage has been discussed quite frequently in the past. Not overkill, by any means. But its brought up at least once every 4 to 6 months or so. Small comments usually, on my end. His response has always been the same. "We have forever. I dont want to rush it." I never push the subject.

Well, 2 weeks ago we were hanging out with his friends, having some drinks and listening to music. He put on a certain song and said "We are definitely playing this at our wedding." Just to put things into perspective on how small the comments about marriage generally are.

So, there was that comment. Well, yesterday was our anniversary. He went out to run errands and was gone a god awful length of time. When he gets home he has like 4 gifts for me and said "Happy Anniversary! I got you all this stuff but it took me so long because I was looking at this rose gold ring. No one came to help me though so I just left after waiting for 20 minutes."

Now, onto my question. So, 2 months ago (roughly) he made the same comment I listed above. He doesn't want to rush marriage. So what do you guys think about this? Why would he say he doesn't want to rush marriage but then tell me he had been out looking at rings?
0
1