My friend is having regrets about marrying his wife and is thinking he should've married someone else. What can I say to encourage him?

Anonymous
I have a friend that's like an older brother to me. He got married to his wife 4 years ago. They met at a church conference in 2016. At that same conference, he met another woman that he liked first. He exchanged numbers with her and promised he'd text her, but didn't because he saw his future wife.

Over the course of the conference, he became obsessed with this woman. Kept asking to talk to her, pray with her, etc. She kept rejecting him and passing him off to her friends, but on the last day, she finally took his number and they started talking. I've always felt that it was off that he had to BEG this woman to give him the time of day.

Recently, he's been complaining to me about his wife. He feels like he should have married the other woman from the conference and often wonders how that relationship would have gone.

A few of his complaints:
1. He wants to have kids and his wife doesn't. He thought he could change her mind.
2. Every stage of their relationship has been a struggle. For instance, he did not want to kiss before marriage but she did. After a few arguments, she agreed to wait. Then he doesn't believe in rings so he proposed with nothing. To this day, she still complains about not having a ring. Now, he wants to move to the country to get away from the city. She's complaining about that. Always calling it "his vision" and not hers or theirs.
3. They went to a restaurant to celebrate one of their friends' birthdays. His wife saw another man and woman on a date. The woman was wearing a tight dress and got up to use the bathroom. The man ignored her as she walked away. My friends' wife started yelling at the man; "You better pay attention to your girl! She's working that dress!! You don't deserve her!"

That 3rd part would've been the final straw for me. Lol That's so embarrassing. He doesn't believe in divorce, but this woman isn't a good match for him. What advice can I give him, if any? Should he have just gone for the other woman?
3
2