What on earth am I supposed to do?

Anonymous
I'm a 17 year old girl, and I am so deeply in love with an 18 year old guy. I've never been in love with anyone else before, so this is all quite new and overwhelming to me.

We first met last October, and we've been casual friends ever since. I see him at least once every week, and we have brief yet sweet conversations.

The thing is, I have no idea how he feels about me. I tend to be quite shy, and the very thought of telling him that I like him terrifies me, let alone tell him that I love him.

He's always sweet to me, he smiles at me a lot, maintains direct eye contact when we talk, kids around and even winks at me if we're not in a "talking situation".

He's a very mature guy, though he has quite the sense of humor. He's all goofy and loud when he's around other people, but when I'm there, his voice almost immediately goes smooth and low and gentle, almost like a caress, and his manner becomes just so mature.

There are a couple of problems, though.

I'm always the one to initiate conversation. ALWAYS. He has only ever approached me ONCE. Well... Twice. English isn't his first language, so he isn't fluent at it, so I like to think that's the reason why he doesn't start talks. I also like to think that's why our talks are brief. But I could be wrong. It could be a complete lack of interest.

I love him so much. It really is overwhelming and incredibly intense. Sometimes I just burst into tears without warning when I think about him. I want to do something about it, I just want him to give me a push. A sign.

What really confuses me is the fact that sometimes, he acts all nice and friendly, and other times, he acts otherwise.

For instance, once I decided that I would ignore him so that he'd approach me first, but he never did. He just sort of stationed himself 7 feet away from me and I'd see him staring at me from my peripheral vision. Once or twice I chanced a peek up at him and he'd be looking else where, when I could have sworn he was looking towards my direction just a second ago.

I'm very confused and hurt.

What do I do? Do I tell him that I like him, more than a friend?

(From what I know, he's single. And I'd like to remind you that our friendship is very casual, nothing close or anything).
What on earth am I supposed to do?
2
1