Was It A Stupid Gift?

Last night I was at my guy's house and we got to talking about his company's holiday party. They gave gifts to the employees and some of the gifts were restaurant gift cards. He said he thought they were stupid because he could just pay for food himself.

He didn't know that sitting in my purse was $150 worth of gift cards and a card telling him that my gift was to pay for him and his parents to go to dinner together. I questioned whether I should give it to him but as I left his house this morning, I slipped the envelope under his phone.

I'm having second thoughts even though it's done. Should I have just gotten him a different gift?

23

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a very generous and thoughtful gift, and if he doesn't appreciate it, then it's his problem, not yours.

Most Helpful Girl

• Saying a gift is dumb is a dumb thing to say lol. Paying for it yourself means you have to use your own money. Using a gift card from someone else means not having to spend your own money.
    Personally I don't like to give gift cards but would rather give one if the person I am gifting is hard to gift