Do you solely let reviews determine your decision in purchasing an item/object? ⭐?

Say you want an item. Would you purely trust based on the review itself? Or and partly of your opinion of the item/object as well?Do you solely let reviews determine your decision in purchasing an item/object? ⭐?

1|0

Most Helpful Guys

• It depends. Before reading product reviews I remind myself that happy customers are less likely to post a review. Upset customers use reviews to vent. Sometimes it comes down to, "You sold me this crap and hurt me so I am going to hurt you with this review.".

Reviews are good for finding a common flaw in a product or service. If you keep reading the same sort of problem people are writing about then you may want to consider avoiding it. And if you keep reading praises about a product/service then it is most likely a good choice.

0|0
    0|0
  • Reviews are highly subjective. I review phones, and the process differs from person to person. I review things as objectively as possible, but it's pretty much impossible to be completely objective in a review.

Whenever I watch or read reviews, I usually take the bullet points and use them as a deciding factor. So while my decisions ARE based on reviews, they don't necessarily follow the reviews.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Depending on what it is and the price, if it's something cheap then reviews usually don't change my decision. If I'm buying something online and there are a lot of bad reviews about a seller I usually won't end up buying something from them. If it's expensive and there are a more bad reviews then good then I won't buy it. Also if what they have written sounds like it will affect me using the item then I may reconsider it also (unless it's one review out of ten saying something bad) also depending if you can return the item easily if what others say is true.

0|0
    0|0
    • Also I would have to read the way the good reviews are written as sometimes they may not be from actual people.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• biased reviews can destroy a product, but usually there's no way to go around 20-30 reviews about a product. chances are at least one is right. i usually check all the reviews, specially the bad ones. if i can debate if the review is being honest, based on all of them, i can have an idea of how bad the item will be for me. then i read a few of the good ones to balance.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's a good question. It's kind of depends. I get a lot of things online so I do see the ratings but I also READ the reviews make sure they seem legit. Sometimes if something doesn't have a review I'll still wing it and find out for myself. I try to find the same thing or similar of items across different sites first and compare them to each other as well like price/shipping/rating etc

0|0
    0|0
  • No, of course not. Marketing has dirty tricks, sometimes they use fake reviews. Apart from that each one decides for themselves. What could be good for me, might be bad for you. Think of whether you need the thing to start with, because 90% of our posessions is what we could have been better off without.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never! I watch a lot of reviews and I ALWAYS find myself disagreeing with the reviewers - "the screen is only 1080p" or "it's not made out of metal" type of comments always have me scratching my head in confusion (I know they have to be thorough and in line with the times)

0|0
    0|0
  • Not solely but it's a big part. It can be an Honest description. Many expensive electronics I look for at least a 3star rating. And before I buy it I look for reviews to see possible problems and if I find those issues important

0|0
    0|0
  • I only take reviews into consideration when there are more than 5 or 10 people who have the same problem.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really I look at the specs of items and base my decisions on that.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I only check them out when I'm buying something expensive or something I know little about.

0|0
    0|0
  • I trust reviews when there is like 5k and most to all are 5 or 4 stars

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I make my own decision, but a trusted reviewer heavily weighs in my decision.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on what people might say about the product.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never reviews alone
    You can never fully trust that someone else's experience will be your own

0|0
    0|0
  • Not just one review but I would take many things into account including others' reviews

0|0
    0|0
  • No, review is to help make decision.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course not

0|0
    0|0
  • Not for all item

0|0
    0|0
  • No
    My final decision is my own.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well sometimes

0|0
    0|0
  • nope

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• Not solely but it’s probably the most important factor to me after specs. I look at the average rating compared to other similar items then I read the worst reviews and a few others. I find a lot of times the poor reviews come from something not identified in spec, ie I thought it would have X but it didn’t and qualitvor ease of use. All things you can’t understand by reading the spec.

0|0
    0|0
  • No but bad reviews can be a sign that a product is bad as I'm thinking only angry pissed off people will write a review if the product is bad.

0|0
    0|0
  • Only based on a consensus and descriptive reviews. Not just "★☆☆☆☆ no work"

0|0
    0|0
  • Nahh. People tend to be extra cruel with the power of suggestion

0|0
    0|0
  • No... I know what I want and sure of it too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, of course.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't read them

0|0
    0|0
  • I just read them but I prefer testing/trying the product in person, before deciding whether to buy it or not

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes