Do you do Black Friday?

Do you do Black Friday?
I sure as hell don't
  • YES
  • NO

7276

Most Helpful Girls

• I usually work on Black Friday, but I like to go shoe shopping if I'm off. Last year I found a cute pair of boots (in the kid's section lol) for like $13 at Kohl's, and a couple of years ago I got my favorite little super-comfortable platform booties for $30 at JC Penny's, marked down from over $100... and I think I got a good deal on heeled combat boots at Macy's clearance that year too. But my favorite thing was basically stealing a $500+ dress for $18 and $150 dress for $20 at Ross on clearance (and I don't think they were even part of the sale). Nothing in the world compares to how those dresses feel when I slip them on! And now I have two figure-flattering expensive dresses to wear for formal occasions

But I have to work this year, so I won't be able to go shopping. I don't like all the traffic and crowds. Since I only shop for stuff for myself and don't really pay attention to the advertisement (because those products are generally cheaper anyway) if doesn't matter... and I don't have money anyway because I recently quit my job, and my first paycheck is going towards rent next month

• Not this year. I have purchased everything I need and want for the year and I already owe a lot of credit card debt because of previous purchases. My parents wanted a $100 gift card to Tim Hortons and Black Friday will not change $100 to $50 or $75. I was going to buy gifts for my nieces and nephews but my mother doesn't want me to cause she will be embarrassed of I, the child of the house spend more money on a gift then she does so I decided I wouldn't compete with her by doubling over on our family gifts to our relatives and neighbours and friends.

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes. So I can knock people down and fight over crap I dont want.

• I've done it twice.

I may do it this year, but I'm patient. I usually figure it's not worth being a jerk about or fighting with someone over a deal. If I don't get it, I guess it wasn't meant to be. I'll go to a few stores, maybe, but I'm fairly patient.

I don't coordinate with others, or camp out or anything crazy like that, but I have gotten up super early to check on stuff.

This year, one of the stores is selling a movie I love for about $5. I'll probably wake up at 5am and go see if I can get a copy. But if it looks too crazy, I'll probably just give up and go home. I can always get it later.

What Girls Said 70

• I do the majority of my holiday shopping online on cyber Monday it's easy and I can save extra using promo codes and get free shipping. I used to go out on black Friday and had a lot of fun because I'm competitive and loved the adrenaline rush. But getting I'm older now and it's not as fun and people are getting crazier I would rather just stay home and stay out of the chaos if I can.

• I much prefer to use it as No Spend Friday, where I intentionally don't buy anything. Consumerism has gotten out of hand in our country.

I like to "vote" with my dollars by choosing not to shop on Black Friday.

• I do it because, every year there seems to be less and less people. I don't even hear stories of people getting run over anymore. I also love the rush and excitement of racing to the good stuff! But last year I only had to run for a giant tv in Bestbuy. It seems to me like Black Friday will die soon, and I definitely want to take advantage while I can.

By the way, I live in Saint Louis.

• I'm Brittish so I don't get it. We have a lot of Black Friday sales here but it's not really part of our culture so I think it's stupid. We don't celebrate Thanksgiving so why should we have a Black Friday?

• Hell no I wish, BUT if I did I would do that it from online. I'm sorry but I dont feel like getting into brawls with people over some freaking tv's and purses. People's true colors come out on Black Friday and I dont have time for crazy people pulling out guns, because that have happened before. Plus the other factor is I need a job because I have no money, and yet again if I did I'd be on Fashon Nova and Amazon shopping my heart out.

• i ain't out here tryin to get trampled. lmfao you really need that new samsung fridge sis. i dont think so. my mom and i went into a walmart to get a coffee pot once during black Friday on accident once and this lady snatched it out of my mom's hands and skrted away with her full cart.

BLACK Friday IS PURGE DAY FOR WHITE SOCCER MOMS

• This arrived in the UK about a decade ago and was the epitome of greed fuelled by retailers which saw awful scenes on TV of fights and upset. Things seemed to have calmed down in the last 2-3 years and now much is on line and covers 2, 3, 4 or even 7 days. In terms of great value, I'm not sure there are good deals brought along by Black Friday.

• I went out once with a friend, but it wasn't my thing. Even if it's a good deal I'd rather stay home and avoid the long waits and crazy amounts of people.

I might go for some cyber sales though.

• Crazy Is as Crazy Does on BLACK Friday, bae!!! xxoo

• I’d rather pay extra money than to go Black Friday shopping.

• I feel like it’s a hobby for the less fortunate. 🥇

• I did a couple of years when I was younger. But since then we spend time at our ranch and have family time hunting and working on the ranch.

• Not really. Where I'm from Black Friday isn't such a hype. People buy their stuff regardless of Black Friday or any other special day

• Not anymore. Now I work it... Working retail during the holidays just sucks all the desire to shop out of you... Lol

• Yes, but only to small boutique shops. I won’t go anywhere near a mall, or shopping center! People get too insane-the day after giving thanks for all that they already have.

• as far as I can tell so far. Black Friday starts at least a week BEFORE black Friday occurs. I bought a new TV on a black Friday sale LAST Friday.

• NO. Unless I desperately need something I try my hardest to not leave the house

• Yes. But I don't shop on black Friday. I sell. I least I am for the first time this year.

• doesn't exist in nz. we have boxing day, the day after Christmas, 26th and I've only gome their once. its too crazy

• I participate in black Friday because I can't afford to not participate

• Heck no people act way too crazy over some discounts! If I do it it would be at home online.

• That’s like asking; Fo you want to die over sweet deals?

• I have, I may this Friday and I have even worked on Black Friday.

• No, but maybe 4 years ago we went to Wal-Mart for black Friday. My dad cut the line to the very front and no one said anything. I was shocked.

• My few of being trampled to death trumps any desire to save money that day lol

• I mean... online lol but I got 40% off Dr Martens when there is normally 10% - gotta finesse when possible ✨

• Nah. Nothing I'm really care to buy. It's kinda sad how some people act also

• I might this year but definitely not in person, I'll do it online.

• Yeah. That's when I got my cute little purse with the bat wings.
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

• I get Christmas presents from Amazon, but I don't go out and shop.

• Show more from Girls
    40

What Guys Said 74

• Hate the crowds, hate the rush. It's nothing more than a really well choreographed marketing thing that makes people think they are getting a good deal.
    If they actually knew how things can legally be marked as a "sale" they wouldn't be so hyped to go out and rack up the debt.

The whole thing really stupid that has gotten way out of control.

• Ugh! No. All it is, is a consumerism-driven shopping spree for people buying crap they don't need, just because it's on sale. Not only that, but they'll rip your face off just so they can get a $60 microwave or the new Barbie for their kid, or whatever. And I have to wade shoulder to shoulder through a sea of the worst of human behaviour for this? Nawwww, I'll pass. lol

• Whats is black friday? The day when black people party or something?

• No way and now it is Thanksgiving too that they do this BS anyone out there shopping instead of having dinner with their family has got problems

• i haven't went out for black Friday shopping for a long time, too much people and people are rude and nuts on black Friday. i rather just order online.

anyone else notice the guy in the picture on aisle 20 is picking his nose next to the shopping cart/trolley though? lols

• I did it once, at the request of my then wife/now ex. Never again!

• No. Though I am curious about being there just to see how crazy people get. Then again, if I put myself out there, I may want to engage in the buy-a-thon, as well (but only if I really see something of interest that's at a good price).

• Lol, no. I don't need to bargain hunt particularly. Besides, there's nothing that I'm keen enough on having that I'd put myself through that shit.

• Yes but in in country its mostly just ordering online and instead of stressing and killing people in the physical store we stress and kill the postal service which almost crumbled completely during last years Black Friday... Im not kidding...

• Don't have that BS here in the UK , but Black Friday is creeping in , with various deals. Those aggressive crowds would be be multi-opponent Lethwei training for me , if I ever had to endure that , which I NEVER would.

• Nope. I may do it online but never in store. Well scratch that, I’ve done Black Friday deals at record shops but that’s for the exclusive releases and there’s also no crazy lines or getting up super early.

• No. I don't care for shopping and for the most part, I have the things that I want. The things that I don't have and do want aren't on sale during black Friday so it isn't like it matters.

• Black Friday is nothing but hype. There are just as good if not better sales throughout the year. And plus most things are black Friday are often refurbished/used products and not new things like we expect

• I only do Black Friday if there is an unbeatable deal!

$80 off iPads at Target will drag me out there lol

• I have leftovers and punch until I sleep. When I wake up, I have more.

Yes, that is how I do Black Friday.

• Yes. Online there are tons of deals. Most people in stores are fairly calm and respectful in my area so if I want/need to do a in store thing it's fine to... Just cold

• We dont have US kind of black Friday here... we have black Friday mostly on internet shops so yeah, sometimes i do...

• Yes. But not to do any serious shopping. Only for nostalgia factor of being around a huge crowd of strangers with Christmas in the air.

• I want to someday.. I think it would be satisfying to hulk smash everyone out of my way to establish my dominance over a material possession that I'll get bored of in a few weeks.

• Usually, I do, I went last year and most of the stores were dead even the ones that didn't do it on Thursday. Stores aren't as competitive anymore, now it's all online.

• No way... I would be eating some leftover turkey on Friday.

• I prefer 'Good Friday' cause I'm usually off on that day.

• We'll go the local Menards to get a few things we get every year and then go back to sleep.

• Nope. I hang out at home and watch movies. Or work.

• 1 time - no more, at least I can say I experienced it😀

• No, I'm a cyber Monday shopper. Much better than crowds of people willing to trample you to death for the new "big thing"

• No never do Black Friday, i buy things during the
    year so i don't need to go out plus that is crazy.

• It's pointless; prices get better later on, lines get shorter, and I don't work in retail so I don't really care about the business side.

• Nope. Why risk getting crushed when you can order it online?

• I kind of like it because people are all out trampling each other and the bar I like is nice and quiet.

• Show more from Guys
    44