Are you irritated by the materialistic, self-absorbed, superficial message of the holiday season?

156

Most Helpful Girls

• I mainly ski with my family and friends throughout the Christmas season, it's less about gifts but more about spending time together as a family. As a family deeply rooted in the financial industry we think Christmas is a bit of an excuse for poor people to spend money that they don't have. Why not buy someone important to you a gift in June? Why must it be in December? Therefore, my family don't really get me presents, but they take the opportunity to donate to my trust fund. My boyfriend's family is also in the financial sector, and they have similar opinions. My boyfriend did send me roses though.

• As I become older, the more I feel like buying presents doesn't mean anything. I come from a lower middle class with parents who don't make much. My parents stopped buying us presents but still give us money. I've been through so much financial crisis with my family to realize that I only want my family and myself to be safe for Christmas. As long as we have each other and there are people helping each other around the world then that's the best Christmas present I'll ever have every year.

Most Helpful Guy

• This is the part where someone tries to tell you that Christmas is about Jesus, not knowing that the historical Jesus wasn't born in December at all, and the date was chosen retroactively to stamp out the pagan holidays which are celebrated around that time.