Would you give your hypothetical young child an "overweight Barbie" doll to play with?

MCheetah
Lamminy, in all 36B, 53", 170 lbs of glory.
Lamminy, in all 36B, 5'3", 170 lbs of glory.
Barbie.
Barbie.
This guy looks like a Cameron, a Trevor, or a Quentin.
John Cena.
John Cena.
An impromptu question. Say you had a young child around the age of five or six, and they wanted a doll for their birthday. Would you give them a regular normal Barbie doll, or the supposedly "realistic" one? The child has no preference and just wants *a* doll.

I personally think this doll looks frumpy, overweight, and gross; and I *like* thicker women! But *this* doll looks horrendous; no one aspires to be mediocre in society. They could've made an Ashley Graham doll or an actual attractive-looking plus-sized doll. But it looks like they just used the first short, ugly, chunky woman who whined about Barbies and that this doll was made purely out of one individual's own ego.

The male doll is somehow even worse! A short, divorced soy-boy with Dad Bod and a receding hairline at age 30. This is seriously the most effeminate looking "male" I've ever seen made into a doll. I don't like to judge, but what the hell is this? This looks like something the mom would give the child out of spite towards the divorced father instead of actually letting him see his kid (s). "Here. He's close enough to your father. Have fun."

I don't have a problem with a different variety of dolls out there, but 1) these were made to spite Barbies and other types of "unrealistic body" dolls, hoping to replace them, so they were made out of malicious intentions, and not positive ones, because some feminists got jealous at a Barbie one day and find attractiveness and being cool to be "problematic."

And 2) I don't think "everyday people" look THIS bad. These dolls look sub-average. Worse than everyday people. And very specific, like they're modeled after someone, even if they aren't. But really, it's the first point that bothers me. They were made out of spite.

Anyway, which doll would you get your kid?
I'd get them the standard doll.
I'd get them the "realistic body" doll.
Other.
Vote C
GirlGuy
24 d
I just realized who this doll reminds me of and while I find it to be so unattractive, stocky, and subpar-looking. This is Rachel Dratch: the doll. And sadly, even Rachel Dratch has more femininity and a slimmer torso than this doll.

external-content.duckduckgo.com/.../
external-content.duckduckgo.com/.../
16
12