Things that tell you if a person REALLY cares?

I've been back & forth about this guy I've been dating for a little over 3 months. Some of you would probably think we'd come a long way in those 3 mos. For me, the feelings I have are ones that I've never experienced before. When he isn't around for a day I miss him - and he says he misses me too. I never thought I'd be able to allow someone into my life on an everyday basis (thought it was a flaw in me) but with him, I really believe I can (and want to) do it. What bothers me is that I feel like I'm getting conflicting signals from him. He says he was hurt a lot over the years and developed a hard shell (he likens himself to a turtle - hard on the outside but soft of the inside) and while I DO see a little more evidence of softness, I also wonder if he has BECOME this "other person" in real life and left this tender-hearted, I'll-give-you-the-world attitude behind for good. He said he had to play the "dating game" because all the women he dated did it to him - you know, going out with 4 or 5 guys at a time, playing head games. And if he did get through all that, then the woman would say he was being too overbearing (calling or texting too much). He would tell her that he wanted her voice to be the last thing he heard at night. He sounded so loving - but *I* get almost NONE of this. I send him sweet text messages - if I'm lucky, I'll get a reply. How am I to believe this guy who SAYS he gave women the world (only to eventually get betrayed - his ex-fiance cheated on him, among other things) and the guy I am with right now are one in the same? I give (AND GIVE). I do more for him, and treat him with more affection and openness and honesty and caring then ANYONE I dated in the past, but I feel I get scraps back. Without my asking, he DOES help with things around my house, but I can't stop thinking about the guy he claims he was who would bend over backwards for his other girlfriends but not me. I can't stop thinking that I'm just a warm body and that I love him but he doesn't *really* love me in return. I SHOW him how I feel, though I haven't said the words "I love you" as I want it to be the perfect time - and be special (even though it doesn't seem to bother him at all that I haven't said the words.) He, on the other hand, has said the words but sort of in passing one day about 2 weeks ago (and a number of times since) but I don't feel the actions are following the words. I give and I give and I give (not monetarily, as he pays for everything we do) but in all other ways, and I just feel like if he TRULY cared, I would SEE more evidence. A few times when he's had sex with me (and orgasmed 2 or 3 times during an hour long session) he then rolled over & went to sleep, seemingly unconcerned that I didn't orgasm. He's usually pretty good about taking care of me, but then he does that and it feels very selfish - and even more, I feel he's giving me lip service. Though I made him wait 2 mo for sex, I wonder if I'm just a warm & wiling body. Help! Thanks
Things that tell you if a person REALLY cares?
Add Opinion