Something I've noticed. Men and women and telling each other what to wear

I've noticed that when a man wants a woman to wear something specific, she will turn around and say "no" (for whatever reason it may be) and we're not allowed to get mad about it but when a woman asks us to wear something and we say "no", they get mad and then we have to deal with it and do it anyway...

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but if it's true, then why is this?

62

Most Helpful Girl

• This is just my opinion. But when men do this its usually an issue they have with control (not wanting a woman wear her legs out; or in instances when they are being intimate he wants her to dress as someone else). And when women do it it's usually because they want to show a guy off that's well put together and that fact that women are into fashion and making things better fashion wise. Others may not agree with me but this is just my opinion. No way am I saying this is always true, just what I've noticed. But the truth is some women get mad, some don't and some men get mad, but some don't.

What Girls Said 5

• well historically and culturally women have always been subject to more scrutiny and judgement in the way they present themselves, and dress has often been used as a means of control, ownership and as an expression of propriety and morals.

even today if you look at countries where women have the least freedom they are all subject to extremely rigid rules of dress...

so even though today where for the most part things have changed and on the surface it seems kind of ridiculous, it's just happens to be an issue which hits on a lot of raw nerves.

• It could be a comfort thing, or personal style thing, or the fact that most men are happier in jeans and a t-shirt. ;P When my boyfriend wants me in a mini dress and heels, I say no.. I feel uncomfortable in that sh*t,

• Well, I usually don't like being told "no". I like to be in control of things and I hate being told what to do like many other girls. That could be a possiblity.

• I don't tell people what to wear I just suggest

• ive noticed that with my brother & his wife and how my mom is with my dad but my dad does wear some bad looking stuff lol. I've seen it with some of my friends too...i know their bfs don't want to wear a vest or sweater but they 'have to'

What Guys Said 2

• A lot of men behave like small children. They attempt to wear sport gear constantly (which is amusing, given they are the least sporty group of men to have ever lived. Our grandfathers fought trench warfare in leather soled boots, but apparently most men now need cross trainers to waddle from their SUV to their couch.

So then their female partners try to get them to dress better, and they act like a child being told to dress by mommy.

Occasionally they ask her to dress more or less like a whore.

If you dress well and know what works for you, women won't tell you what to wear. My wife doesn't tell me what to wear, but she asks my opinion when buying clothes for her male relatives.

• You're surrounded by psychopaths, then. Rational people resort to discussions instead of throwing a tantrum.