Are guys true to their word?

He said we are on a break he will return and we will talk then after the new year.

14

Most Helpful Guy

• Everyone is different. You will just have to wait and see how he is after the New Year.

What Guys Said 3

• I don't think your chances are good. In any relationship, if someone says they're taking a break, or they're on a break, it usually means it's over. Either it means it's over until they find someone better, or they want to go fuck someone else for a while, or they're too much of a pussy to flatout say "I think we should break up." to your face.

Incidentally, this is not an inherently male thing. I don't care what bullshit someone might spray at you if you ask, even if talking in hindsight. Pretty much, if someone starts talking about taking a break, they are talking about one of the things I mentioned above. They might say "Oh I was totally going to come back, and I meant it...but" and that's just it. But. They said it, but... They might even meant what they said at the time, but...

Both men and women do this.

Point is, your odds are not good. Some guys are true to their word, but in the end, if you hear this expression form ANYONE, consider the relationship over. Even if it was just to fuck someone else, or try their options, do you really want them back after that?

In short: link

• This is him saying, " I have met another girl I like, so I want to go on a break, but if it doesn't work out with her, I will come back to you" if this is OK with you, then go for it, but if not, tell him, " if he goes, there's no second chances, moving on will be my only option",x

• Sounds like if he doesn't find someone better by then, he'll be back. But, I don't know how long you've been on a break.

What Girls Said 1

• To me it sounds like he's going to be spending the party season having some fun and then when he's bored he'll be back to you