Do I have a right to be kind of offended?

I know this guy from college and I just friended him on FB. I already have plans for New Years and was super shocked when he asked me to go w/him on New Years. Here's the catch though I would not be his original date and we would go as friends, I would only be going to not make him look bad. Would you be kind of offended by this? Being plan B? I was interested in this guy before , but now I'm turned off. Would you feel upset? by the way I am not going w/him and even if I didn't have plans I still wouldn't go.

33

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, how exactly do you know that you were second choice?

I'm not doubting this, because a lot of guys do this, so it is likely, but really what difference does it make? You're not going with him. You're not dating him. He's not dating you. It seems you're not the greatest of friends.

Do you have a right to be offended, absolutely, but something I've learned in recent months is its way too much effort to hold a grudge over somebody for something as lame as this. Yes he's in the wrong. Yes, he's using you, yes you have a right to be upset, but I wouldn't dwell on it. Go out and enjoy your New Years Eve!

What Guys Said 2

• Ya I think you have the right to be offended. If you weren't the first date and you're only going as a friend them yes

• Yeah, I'd be offended if I was the back up lol

What Girls Said 3

• no. .-. if you guys aren't dates there is no point on being mad.

he's asking you as a friend. if your friend/date bailed on you and didn't want to go alone, wouldn't you called up a friend?

• being plan B is always offending... good thing you said no... even if he's a catch you did something that could make him want you more... not as a plan B

• Yes I would be offended if I was plan B.

Nobody should ever feel like second best.

Just like Madonnas song don't go for second best baby.