How do I tell my friends ''NO, I don't want another BORING New Years''?

Every year is more boring than the next, and I don't want to spend 40 dollars on an evening that's going to end up boring me. How do I tell my friends that I don't have the money or the energy to go through the boredom this year as well (without lying to them)?

Thank you very much for helping

15

Most Helpful Guy

• Just tell them you don't have the cash for it, and you were bored to tears last year, so you aren't interested in doing the exact same thing this year.

What Guys Said 4

• I hear ya. Fun is at a premium on New Years Eve. If you spend $40 all you buy yourself is a boring evening, but if you spend less you're surely destined for a night of misery. It generally costs at least $1,000 for a good time. Unless you live in West Virginia, in which case all bets are off!

• Just tell them you're sick, then go out with a friend and do something more interesting. Rent or borrrow a boat and go out on the water to see the full moon. That's what I'm doing.

• ask your parent's what they are doing and set up a lunch/supper date for new years and than tell your friends you're busy.

• "I already have other plans, sorry about that"

Technically you wouldn't be lying, because your other plan would be not to go with them.

What Girls Said 1

• Tell them you can't afford it. Or give a suggestion for something else you could do. Or just say you have other plans.

I didn't want to do the usual plans this year either, too expensive, so I told my friends and some of them are still going out, but the rest of us are going to have a girls night in just hanging out and making food - much cheaper that way.