Do you rehearse what you're going to say before you call someone important?

Whenever I'm calling someone that is important or about an important subject I'll almost always go over what I will say in my head. I hate being unprepared or stumbling on words!

Anyone else do this or am I just a perfectionist weirdo?

• Yes
  • No
  • Kind of
    Vote C

83

Most Helpful Girl

• Me too!I thought I was just a weirdo

What Girls Said 7

• No, you're not alone! I do the same thing. I even rehearse conversations in my head just in case a certain topic comes up. I don't really know why I do it, but I guess it's good to be prepared. So I totally understand you!

• Haha I like that I'm not alone! I do that too. Have even written out word for word what I was going to say, lol. Now I don't feel as awkward

• Lol yes I kind of run over things in my mind and think how they'll go.

I think about what they'll say and how I might respond.

It makes things less awkward for me.

• Sometimes I write down what I'm going to say then go over it.

• Yes. Or before I have an important meeting.LOL

Good gyration. WEIRDOS UNITE!

• Yeah I do that because you don't wanna mess up or confuse the person and stufffwhen you talk to them

• I always go over it in my head. Especially if its a heated conversation that I am expecting.

What Guys Said 3

• Sometimes... but you have to be careful not to overdo it. If something is too rehearsed, it can come off as shallow or empty. But on the other hand, if you don't think about what you're going to say and you just kind of blurt it out - it can appear thoughtless. It's really a fine line...

• Yes, definitely. I still end up stumbling a bit but at least I know what I want to say. If I'm just calling a friend, though, probably not... even though I rarely call my friends.

• More than that, I make notes on my laptop about it.