How does everyone else find someone?

I just turned 27, and suddenly realizing that I am one of the few girls single and feeling left behind! I think I am very cute, bubbly and very smart and loving! But somehow, I feel like I picked the bad cards to gamble with.

I am a late bloomer. I dated my first boyfriend when I was 24. He asked me out purely based on looks and because I was friendly. He broke up with me a year later. There was no real reason. He just did not seem to feel like it was right. Looking back on it, I agree with him. I could not communicate with him at all! But now, he has been dating his new girlfriend for a few years (although it seems like its a long distance relationship, and I have no idea on the actual details)

A year later, I gave a chance to one of my best guy friends who persistently asked me out for a while. He was not anyone I would think of giving a chance to. But like they say, sometimes the good guys are right in front of your eyes listening to your every story, and girls don't even realize it. But, even though we had huge potential, he broke up with me. First, saying he would be too busy with school. I knew for sure he still loved me, but was too immature to deal with too much at once. Later he revealed that he is only 24 (3 years younger than me), and could not possibly commit to anything too serious right now (even though I never brought up anything serious with him). I tried so hard to fight for him, that I scared him off any chance of reconciling with him in the future I think. And again, its for the best. He was quite controlling, cheap and manipulative.

Why do I have such bad luck? Both my relationships had such potential, and ended up so crap! I feel like my girlfriends get attention from much fewer guys than me..but when they do find that one guy to date, somehow they don't break up..they just end up falling in love. And these are some of the most plain, quiet, simple girls getting engaged! Don't get me wrong, I am very happy for them. But I feel like I got two bad apples, and now all of a sudden, I'm 27 instead of 24, and completely single!

Is this happening to me because I am a late bloomer, and so won't find my true love till I am in my 30s? I feel slightly unlucky in love. Any of you guys feel this way?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• My wife and I worked together for 2 and a half years. I didn't know it at the time, but she had a crush on me like I had a crush on her. It was one of those situations where she always had a boyfriend, or I always had a girlfriend. Then, one day we were both single and I asked everyone at work if they wanted to get a drink afterward. Not even thinking about relationships. Turns out, we were the only ones left at the bar at the end of the night. Now we're living together in Myrtle Beach and married since May. After my divorce from my first wife, (we were immature too) I never thought I'd find love again. I would go out to bars or to parties looking for someone. They were never more than a fling or a one night stand. When I was ready to give up, there she was. You being a late bloomer has nothing to do with your relationship. Just relax. I know that sounds tough, but, it'll happen.

What Guys Said 2

• better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all, I'm turning 25 this year and still never had a girlfriend unfortuneately

• be glad you don't have to initiate

• I know how you feel. I'm a 27 year old guy in a almost exactly similar boat. I am the last of all of my friends to have a meaningful realtionship, get married, have kids etc. I feel left out and like it is difficult to find that someone. It is very hard.

What Girls Said 1

• wow I feel the same way. I had my first meaningful relationship when I was 25. Now I'm 26 and frign single after he broke up with me. The potential was all there. I'm the only single left out of all my friends and I'm a catch. I don't know I feel the same. I want to be engaged by 27 or 28.