When do most places start hiring for new jobs?

now that its the new year I need a new job, the job I have now is so depressing I cry everyday I want to start applying other places but when is a good time people start hiring? like feburary?

34

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think there's a standard time of year when places start hiring. Just look around at places you'd be willing to work and ask if they're hiring. Just make sure you leave the old job on good terms. Be respectful and be sure to give your two weeks' notice.

• yea either way though I hate listing them as a reference I don't think theyd give a good reference for me

• Well, sometimes the hiring process takes a while. They might have a lot of applicants or need to find out what kind of job they have open for you, and get all of your info processed. I'm not sure how it all works, because I haven't had a real job yet. But don't give up... good luck! And also... in addition to leaving your old job respectfully, when you get interviewed for the new one, don't bash the old job unless the people there were bad to you. Say it didn't work out or you needed a change, etc

• Thanks for giving me BA. Glad I helped.

What Guys Said 4

• Usually when colleges start accepting students back on to campus you'll find some openings - ie, after Christmas break. There are some students who come home and work and go back. So positions are open, you just have to find them. Send me an email and I'll help you look further into this. I'm great at finding jobs! (:

• The beginning of the year is usually the slowest time for businesses hiring wise. Although poles this year say that 57% of employers will be looking to hire in the first quarter.

• be glad you have more than a year of job, work, employment experience you can put on your resume, job application, because if a person has less than a year of work experience, even minimum-wage entry-level service jobs, or dead-end jobs will not consider hiring that person, which pisses me off, hate all of the god damn competition these days!

• Wait? Do you live in America? If so, your job quest is a pipe dream. Companies will continue to lay people off because as Americans, we elected retards to run our country. Parties can't get along and we are headed back into a recession. I'd go back to school.

What Girls Said 2

• When old staff members leave or a larger staff is needed. There's no set time.

• At my company we hire at the end if the year and people start in the beginning of the new year