I told him I liked him and he didn't say it back...should I stick around?

After almost 2 months of dating, I told him I liked him (I a very casual way). He got a big smile and said he "liked hanging out with me too." That obviously was not the responsive I was looking for. We went to another bar and I was a bit hurt, so I pulled away. He was very affectionate with me.

His actions tell me that he likes me A LOT. He acts very boyfriendy towards me. Due to this I felt it would be okay to tell him liked him since we've been exclusive for a few weeks.

Should I stick around or should I call it quits because he clearly doesn't feel the same as I do? I don't wanna be that dumb clingy girl that waits around for the guy to decide if he likes he or not. I am not about wasting my time.

12

Most Helpful Guy

• Actions speak more than words, us guys are just bad at saying things like I like/love you sometimes. He probably didn't even notice that you got hurt by that response and would be completely thrown off if you dumped him. I would stay with him as long as he's affectionate and treats you good. He will open up more to you eventually.

• he treats me AMAZING! my guy friend who was with us at the bar (I said it when we were alone) said he might have been trying to play it cool. he certainly didn't seem freaked out by my saying that.

• Most likely that was the case. Like I said a lot of guys are bad with expressing their feelings in words, especially that one word lol. I would honestly give him a chance or talk about where your relationship is going with him.

P.S. udolipixie seems to hate most men so I wouldn't take any of her advice at face value. You can read through her answers if you don't believe me.

• i haven't brought it up as a conversation yet because he deleted his account a few weeks ago, on his own accord (we know each other from a dating website) and on it he stated that he wanted a long term relationship. I guess it's always good to talk and not assume. all these factors made me think he'd say it back :/

What Guys Said 1

• I don't it necessarily needs to be said. Actions speak louder than words, and he seems to like you. Go with it for a bit more.

What Girls Said 1

• I told him I liked him and he didn't say it back...should I stick around?

Perhaps it's suited for you to decide whether to bail out after communicating with him about his feelings for you and if you two are exclusive.

"His actions tell me that he likes me A LOT. He acts very boyfriendy towards me."

Actions often don't mean what you think or hope as guys can act one way to get something as shown by many gals on here with their "why did he do this then leave me" questions can show.