Is it bad for a girl to be kind of boyish? Is it a complete turnoff?

I have always been boyish and I started to wonder if men are completely repelled by it. Currently every guy I know says that "you're and awesome pal man" but I was wonderring if anyone will ever say "you look beautiful and sexy today babe"... I am 17 years old 167cm tall and 64kg. I have really short brown hair and I have kind of manly hobbies like MMA, wrestling and gym in general. I'm not thin and my breasts are quite small (80B) but I'm really not fat either. I have some muscle and I usually train with other guys so I can win and average guy in a fight. I have always been very active and I played stick fight with boys when I was a kid, rather than playing with barbies or something. And I did not plan to spend my entire life alone if it's only up to my boyish habits. What do you think guys? A complete turnoff?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• Actually that's kind of hot. I'm into masculine females and personally not much into femininity at all. So many tomboy girls think they have to pretend to be girlie because for some odd reason I've never understood, guys and girls are apparently supposed to be "Mars and Venus" with entirely different tastes and hobbies with nothing in common but sexual lust. I just don't get that. You are actually more the kind of woman I would like to date. I actually want a girl that can be both a best friend and a lover. I just never understood why so many have the attitude that romance and friendship are meant to be separate concepts.

If we were dating I might want to have a weightlifting competition. My numbers are unimpressive for a guy but I try to work on them. For example, I deadlift 415 lbs. I guess that's okay. And I can overhead press a 100 lb dumbbell, which really any guy with a little bit of training should be able to do. My biggest strength area is my grip, I can close a gripper with one hand that requires over 200 lbs of pressure to close, for example. Also I'm good with bulky and awkward objects, I have a 200 lb rock in the back yard that I lift and carry as far as I can. I know 200 lbs is pretty light but it feels heavy after awhile of carrying it 30+ feet.

I also enjoy dangerous stuff like microwaving random objects. My favorite thing to microwave is aerosol cans. I love when they blow up, the ear-shattering kabOOm.

What Guys Said 3

• By what I read its not that big of a turn off. I'd rather have a girl that I can share interests in such as mma or wrestling and isn't afraid to get sweaty in a workout. I say keep on with what your doing. Your find someone who will like you for who you are. :)

• I wouldn't say having those hobbies or interests is a turn off in itself. However my immediate impression would be that you also might dress and act quite masculine. I don't think you should try and change who you are entirely but maybe try to dress and look more feminine, even if its only when you are out trying to meet guys.

• not really . if too manly then that's kind of a problem . by the way I love mma

What Girls Said 1

• No, not bad, some guys like it.