Why is this site slowing down?

when I made questions months ago, they used to get 10+ answers.

now, I'm lucky to get 2 or 3.

also, when I look at the past few pages of recent questions, over the past few months, there is not nearly as much activity overall.

what do you think is the cause of this?

new years resolution to stop using the internet so much :)

46

Most Helpful Guy

• The trolls are not enjoying themselves as much. They're still here, but their questions have become boring pale shadows of their former selves.

The people who used the site as a social tool, have found their questions about which users are hot and popular, now get deleted. So they've gone away.

What Girls Said 4

• Well, I see so many dumbass questions on here that I only check to see if there are things after a few hours. Good questions slip threw the cracks sometimes.

• people suck

• It probably has something to do with the questions themselves. Plus it's a week day, I don't know about you but some people work or are busy.

• Maybe your questions aren't as good?

• perhaps.

but how does that explain the whole site getting less activity all around.

maybe they figured since I don't put out good questions anymore, they have no reason to visit the site hahaha

What Guys Said 5

• A lot of times it can get boring to answer the same types of questions over and over when a lot of problems could be solved using the search feature, or by reading the articles section.

• I'm happy it is. This is site is not as big as it once was, but it still gets heavy traffic now and then. I think people have found other websites more appealing, like tumblr or pininterest. I still come here, cause it's the best way for me to practice on my writing while helping someone out. But I'd imagine it gets pretty boring for most in a matter of weeks.

• Are the questions "does she like me?" or "how do I get my ex back?"

Those questions are pretty much ignored on this site now.

• I just arrived 3 days ago so I wouldn't know

• Excessive moderation and ignorance has driven everyone away.