He says he's not nice but acts it...why?

There is this guy that I know at work at Petco, we work at different departments...he isn't very friendly and rarely or never smiles but he is very, very, very sensitive to a person's feelings and extremely apologetic. He's also really chivalrous. And I always catch him observing me. Oh, and he's "sweet" ex: saying he wish he could be more of a help, constantly apologizing even though I said it was okay, then does it AGAIN the next day. Watching out for me-saying he hopes I don't get in trouble, or slip, etc., I called him nice but he denied it...he said its because I don't know him well enough. And then he said he was kind of nice. We also don't talk a lot and sometimes he's distant. Why is that? he also claimes he's a loser and that he puts up a front. He moved here from another cityand suffered/suffers from depression+anxiety. Doubt he likes me romantically

Also, I'm female and 21 and he's 25

21

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe he has a bad past..did some things he wasn't proud of but is a good person when it comes down to it. He seems like a sensitive person and an introvert, and being one myself, I can tell you that it will be hard to understand him unless he wants to open up. It's hard for such people to connect sometimes. He is probably in his head a lot too...he might not be "friendly" but that is because others dot fit with who he is, not because he is mean or bad.

What Girls Said 1

• Well Maybe he just doesn't see him self and anything but a friend in your eyes. He is probably not even thinking the same way you are. Sometimes when you like a guy with some deep problems you have to let him know so he can actually have an idea on how you feel .

What Guys Said 1

• Trying to keep his options open maybe. We all know nice guys dry up a woman faster than anything.

There's a chance that he doesn't see himself that way and acts that way around new people. Probably moreso the first part.