Do you call your partner "babe"?

Do you often call your girlfriend/boyfriend or wife/husband babe? If not what do you say instead?

For some reason it annoys me when people say "babe" jfjfddjklfhfjklcfbv!

There's a poll. I want to find out if it is more common for girls to say "babe" than it for guys to say "babe"

• Yes
  • No

57

Most Helpful Girl

• Oops I said no, I've done it before but only to appease him ...as if I'm trying to make him feel better.

I don't really like babe as the official relationship nickname because it's not original and is played out.

I think it's OK to use it every once in a while but the official nickname should be something personal and pertinent to only that relationship :)

What Guys Said 7

• I don't have a partner right now so I didn't vote, but I wouldn't call her babe and I wouldn't want her to call me that either. Both terms babe and baby annoy me. If I call her anything it is either going to be beautiful, good looking, gorgeous, or something a little more personal.

• Yes, of course. I think it's fun to use nicknames sometimes.

• No, I call him "Raul"...

... Oh... Sorry, I misread the question D:

• Yep

• No, I hate calling a girl "babe" or any other common pet name. It feels... lazy and lame.

• Often I say that because I am afraid of getting my pecker cut off by saying the wrong name

• Babe, Baby or Sugar Britches.

What Girls Said 4

• I've called guys babe, and they've also called me babe. It's one of the pet names I'm rather fond of. Hun or honey is okay too.

• I prefer baby to babe

• Never! I hate anyone calling me babe or baby and I wouldn't call my boyfriend that either.

• I call my boyfriend "babe" when he's getting on my nerves or annoying me. Like "okay, whatever babe".