Anxiety problems??any advice?

So I have a presentation and I have to speak Spanish in front of the whole class and I'm so nervous!;o I don't even speak Spanish at home (with family) and I don't think I can do this .I'm sure once I do the 1st presentation it will get easier but that's the problem I can't go up there .my Spanish sounds too white washed .my 1st language is English so Spanish is something new since I would always avoid speaking it.my whole family was born here so that's the reason I grew up speaking only English.any tips to help my nervousness\insecurities go away?..I can't roll my Rs either..do have any tips on that too ?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• I would say just imagine everyone in their underwear but that doesn't really work because you'll probably laugh. Honestly just get up there and start talking, just think about what you need to say and not what everyone is thinking because everyone else is worrying about when its their turn, or if they already finished they probably aren't even gonna be listening to you. Encouraging, I know :).

Also another tip, don't take sideways pictures because that's really dumb and annoying because I have to tilt my head.

What Guys Said 3

• Practice with a group of friends or family first. There's no way of getting over the fear of public speaking unless you do it a lot. The mirror works for some people, but honestly being able to look into the eyes of the people watching is far more effective. There are lots of good articles online on how to overcome fear of public speaking, as for the Spanish part, I'd say try the speech in front of them to get an honest rating as to how you sound.

• you'll be fine. try view the presentation as your time to shin

• Picture everyone naked? (old advice)

What Girls Said 1

• I can only tell you that helping your stage fright is to just "let go" and pretend that those watching aren't there. Remember, those who are watching, are too caught up in how well THEY are going to do.