Girlfriend or new girl

Ok, so I've been seeing my girlfriend of and on for a little over 2 years. About a year ago I moved about 2 hours away from her for work purposes. We've tried to make it work with the long distance thing. But lately I've been feeling unhappy. With thoughts of "yeah I have a girlfriend but at the end of the day I'm still alone." I know that I love her and care for her, but am also unhappy. Her moving here is on the table but, that won't happen anytime soon. I guess I'm feeling lonely. And, I was always told that its better to be alone and lonely than with someone and lonely. I don't really know how true that statement is. Anyway, recently we've had a few new employees at my work. And one of them is so sweet and funny, and has the prettiest smile I've ever seen. I've done my best to refrain from developing any feelings toward this new employee. But, recently I find myself thinking about her more than I do with my current girlfriend. She is constantly on my mind, and it seems as though the more I try to not develop feelings, the more feelings I have. She makes me laugh and smile, which is a big deal for me. I don't really have that with the girlfriend anymore. Mostly we talk for a little while on the phone, about our days. But, very quickly run out of things to say. It's not the same as it use to be. Anyway, my question is do I try to work it out with my current girlfriend, or do I try for something with this new girl? There is a mutual attraction between her and myself but, she knows I'm currently in a relationship, so our feelings haven't been acted upon. I"m just so very confused.

60

Most Helpful Girl

• If you are really unhappy in your relationship than maybe it is time to say goodbye. People still human contact, affection, communication etc.

This is what makes being in a LDR so hard. You are not wrong, you just yearn to feel human touch.

Many relationships come to an end and that's okay, there time has run out. Talk to your girlfriend and express how you are feeling and what you need. See if she can make more trips to see you or vice versa.

If you do end it do not end if FOR THIS GIRL end it because you are unhappy and the distance just isn't working.

What Girls Said 5

• I think you know the answer to your own question. Ask yourself, how much longer can you go on with the way things are with your girlfriend? If the answer is "not much longer", than it's time to let the relationship go. Relationships are supposed to help us be the best we can be. Do you feel like your girlfriend is helping you to be the best you can be, and do you think you are helping her to be her best? Is your relationship growing? or stagnating? Can you see yourself with your girlfriend for the next 5 years? 10? If the answers to those questions is no, then the healthiet and most honest choice is to take the leap into the unknown with someone who may just be a better match for you.

• Honestly.. if your girlfriend lived with you... You may not even be thinking about this employee. Plus I think if you really love your girlfriend you should be committed... Maybe you don't love her as much as you say you do or the long distance thing really isn't working out for you.. You should either dump her or find out a way that she can live with you...

This is a really TOUGH decision.. And whatever road you go down there will be consequences.. Just weigh your actions... Because I can't tell you what will happen you just have to know for sure so don't make any hasty moves because once you break up with your girlfriend you may not get a warm welcome back... or you may.. I don't know make the wisest decision..

I think you should talk with your girlfriend about this and tell her you just want to be friends? But you can't have 2 girls.. so you gotta chose one lol. xD

• What is really happening here is that you feel lonely, but NOT ALONE you have a girlfriend and shouldn't change anything at all because you LOVE HER, 2 hours away from her...Should attach you more and more until the day you guys encounter with more passion, intense, because you miss each other very much no women in front of your eyes is more than the love of your life(if you really love your girlfriend) think about it, please don't hurt or broke the love that your girlfriend have for you for this other SPIDER that she definitely will ruin your relationship don't let it happened. Hope you be honest to your girlfriend and hope everything stay as a beautiful relationship.

• I could never leave her for someone else. It's more that this other girl is making me realize what I am missing. Also, there is a lot more in the back story with my girlfriend, that I haven't mentioned. So, essentially, I don't know How I feel about my girlfriend any longer. And, this other girl "opened my eyes" for lack of a better word. It

• I think what is really happening here is that the distance is helping you with the conclusion of your relationship with your girlfriend, I actually admire you for been that honest and confess that is not because the new girl, then if you and your girlfriend have a story, do the right thing and take the time to be alone and enjoy your single life. Hope you find hapinness.

• I think you should move on. You don't know what is to come with your current girlfriend. You sound like a good guy who deserves to be happy. GO FOR THE GIRL :)

• I think you and your girlfriend should move in together.

What Guys Said 0