It's 3 am and cold...someone knocks on your door at 3 am...

They say they say they are cold and need to get warm. You don't know them, never saw them and get a REALLY bad feeling. It IS cold out but you are instantly freaked out by this person knocking on the door at 3 am. What would you do?

I called the cops 30 seconds after he left and told them which direction he was walking. I had a feeling that anyone who opened the door to him would of been hurt or robbed.
Thnx for the great answers and two nights ago a guy was running from the cops and drove into my neighbors house :)

157

Most Helpful Girl

• You did the right thing, it's cold but you don't want to risk it... too many psychos out there!

• Agreed

• ouch that hurts! hope you get better soon.

P.S. Alcohol slows healing process!

• Layin off the sauce tonight and it is finally feeling not like death on a stick...thank you for the good wishes

What Girls Said 14

• Uhh it's 3 am lol, I'm not answering the door to somebody I don't know. There are too many crazy people in the world

• For I cannot lie, Rockwall is a pretty Caucasian ridden suburban city(or town) and there are no hobos/questionable people around, so I probably wouldn't answer the door.

I guess I'd look out the window, examine them. If I have a bad feeling, I'm calling da po po.

You have no idea how paranoid I am about going missing lmao. My mom thinks I'm ridiculous, but I'm super cautious of strangers because I've spent one too many hours reading up on missing persons cases and I've freaked myself out.

Call da po po

If it's a neighbor, I'll let them in and offer them a blankie and warm white/green/wu long tea

• I called the po po. It freaked me out. Where would someone come from at 3 am? I know my neighbors. Wasn't a neighbor. I wish the cops called me back to update me.

• creepy. What was the person wearing?

• Jeans, grey sweatshirt and was 5"8 to 5"11 and had bad acne. Age was 22 to 26.

• I need to protect my family first. If I was uncomfortable and felt weird about the situation then I have to go with my instincts. I might even call the cops just to. Let them know Some guy is going around knocking on doors in the middle if the night.

• Its sad our world is at the point where we can't trust anyone anymore. You did the right thing

• Thank you. I did feel guilty as it was cold out but I am pretty sure he was not to be trusted. Who comes out of nowhere at 3 am? Nobody normal that is for sure

• I wouldn't let them it. If I didn't feel comfortable dealing with it, id let my boyfriend do it. Id feel bad, because they could be telling the truth, but honestly you just can't trust ppl. At most Id give them a hot cup or coffee or tea before we sent them away.

• HIDE! Just F****** Hide till they go away. At 3 am unless its someone you know or a police officer do Not Open The Door!

• Idgaf I answer the door with a baseball bat. I think there is a crazy part of me that wants someone to try to mess with me

• I wouldn't open the door and pretend I didn't hear anything.

• Hide in my blanket and pretend I never hear anything.

• Thats what happened to me! I was packing to go home for the holidays and all my roommates left already. So I had the lights and music just packing the way and then somebody rings the doorbell. So I look through the hole and see a strange guy and I'm like f*** this, not going to die tonight so I went back into my room and turned off the lights and waited for him to leave in his car. So I'd probably do the same thing.

• If it's 3 am and someone knocks the door, there's no way in hell I'm getting up and open that door lol.

• I wouldn't of answered the door to begin with, lmfao.

I've seen way too many horror films. Sooooo, NO THANKS.

• 911, let them handle it. Not my job or responsibility.

• you live in an...um...exciting neighborhood. lol

• first off I would never answer the door and if they didn't leave I'd call the police.

• call the cops... and get a gun... yea I may be a little paranoid but I have reason to be..

• don't need a gun. I got defenses. I just thought it was super freaky...3 am a person knocks on a door wow

What Guys Said 7

• It's no coincidence if someone knocks on my door. Either they know me or someone who lives with me, they're a salesperson or they got the wrong address/want to burglarise my appartment.

So I would look through the peephole, check if I know em. Then if I don't know em, I'd wake my roommates and ask them if it's their visitor. And if it's not for them I'd wait a bit till the person goes away naturally. If they don't I'd get a medium long, very solid bar, and tell them to f*** off through the door.

If they don't I'd call the police and stick around near the door in case they try and lift it off it's hinges.

• I wouldn't answer the door...

...unless it was a cute female about my age...

...actually a girl my age in that situation would be on drugs. So, nevermind.

I wouldn't answer the door. If he or she kept knocking I'd fire off a warning shot.

• Send them upstate to the big city where they can find a homeless shelter. I'm not running a salvation Army here.

• I got such a bad feeling about him. I wonder if I watch panic 911 too much

• Wow you are quite the assmunch...81? Are you serious?

• Yes it was 81 & yes I'll return the favor.

• I would turn out the lights and go back to sleep. If they kept knocking, I'd have to call the cops.

Probably they are high or drunk, and unpredictable in their behavior.

• Thnx for answering man. I called the cops. I guess they can never call back and update you?

• That is why I keep a bat by my door

• Better not to open it!

Best Answer, no?

• I'd say, I can't accommodate them and they're better left.

• Now that's what I call a duck face. You nailed it man.

• Sorry for the accidental arousal :P

• Sexy. I drilled a hole right through my desk with that raging hard on. *smh*

• I could make money off of those efficient "woodies" as I work a lot on refinishing furniture

• Call the cops. I live in a city, so the police are my first call.

My second, is that I have a weapon in my home for self-defence. I'd grab that.

Third, I'd boil up a kettle, fill a hot water bottle, and throw it out the upstairs window to whomever is downstairs knocking at the door. Then tell them the police are on the way.