Is my colleague joking or trying to offend me?

I work in an office with two men around my age. One is the manager and the three of us are friends, but I've only been there for a couple of months, so I don't know them well yet.

One evening, my colleague and I were messing around. He was gluing things to the manager's desk and told me to glue something as well, so I did.

The next day, we were putting the blame on each other (jokingly) to the manager and I said 'I'm innocent, he told me to do it'.

Then my colleague said, "If I told you to suck me off would you?"

I just smiled and didn't say anything (it took me a second to register what he said) and the manager sort of smiled in shock and looked down awkwardly.

I don't know if he was trying to offend me of he was ignorantly joking. Should I have said something?

Another time, they were trying to get me to open a present in front of them, but I was embarrassed so didn't. My colleague kept telling me to, then said, "You're with two boys". I replied, "huh?", then he quickly said "James is your boss, so you have to open it".

Why would he say this, and how should I have reacted?

01

What Guys Said 1

• It's clear that they are just teasing you and are having fun.

You can stay quiet or come up with a good comeback.

What Girls Said 0