Am I too selfish and pushing my boyfriend away?

I'm in a relationship with my boyfriend and we have been together for two years. In the past, I've done a lot for him and his business. He's got it pretty easy and only works seasonally and makes enough $$ to live on for the year.

I have an accounting job (40hrs a week) that is Monday through Friday. I hate it and I'm trying to find a new one. In my spare time, I'm starting a jewelry business which is doing quite well. I'm also trying to start a tax consulting job in hopes of being able to leave my awful office job that barely pays my bills.

My boyfriend thinks he can still ask me to do things for him and his business. I'm not very good at being direct with him. I don't want to do it and I wish he would either learn how to do some things or hire someone to do them for him.

Am I being selfish and pushing him away?

11

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you're so selfish for yourself.

Tell him directly how you don't want to do things for him, and how it makes you uncomfortable.

I'm sure that he'll understand and will just ask for your assistance to teach him until he can stand for his own. It will also benefit him if for some unforeseen circumstances, you can't help him anymore.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 1

• Not at all! You are working so hard to get to where you are today and he should realize your hard effort and repay you somehow.