Why do women say they don't need men?

I've been hearing about this trend, about women saying that they don't need men. I understand that some of them get burned in relationships and all, but seriously to hate all men and become a bitter spinster as a result of a few rejections that's low (my opinion you can attack it). Last time I checked, women need sperm to reproduce (comes from males), also women haven't evolved yet to the level of being Hermaphrodities (like plants). I wonder if it's really because women don't need men or it's simply that they didn't find one and blaming the male gender for not building enough supplies. Meaning Shortage of men.

I as a guy don't need a woman, but certainly desires the company of one.

Thoughts? Reactions?

45

Most Helpful Guy

• There's misogyny and there's misandry. The hatred of the other sex. It's sad. And it's a defence mechanism.

It's the illogical way we generalize things (or people) in order to regain our own control on the universe.

What? That guy rejected me? Oh, well then ALL men are the worst!

That blond girl cheated on me? All women must die!

It's sad to see people who lack the maturity or intelligence to see beyond their emotions. Feelings aren't facts people!

With all the said... most times I've ever heard a guy or girl who hates the opposite sex they were just venting.

Making gross generalizations feels good when it lets us vent off steam... the problem is that what we say matters, even when we don't mean it. If you think of a negative idea like a virus then just by saying it out loud we're attempting to spread it. And spreading hate and anger is disgusting and sad.

Empathy and compassion are much better tools for healing past traumas and hurt feelings.

Basically what I'm saying is that women are awesome. The end.

~ Robby

My Blog ( link )

What Girls Said 4

• Why women say they don't need men?

Likely the same reasons guys say they don't need gals. Those reasons being it's the truth, they want not need, or bitterness/resentment/hatred of the gender.

Thoughts?

I think you're leaping as 'I don't need a man' does not equal 'hating all men'.

Reactions?

My reaction is this is less of gals hating on guys by saying "I don't need a man" and more of guys being butthurt because they feel undesired.

"Last time I checked, women need sperm to reproduce (comes from males)"

Last time I checked, many don't want to reproduce and sperm can be manufactured and is sold by sperm banks. Artificial wombs are also in production though not sold as there aren't egg banks (?) so this notion of needing the opposite gender for reproduction seems to be moot.

• When they say it I don't think they mean in biological sense, more of a theory based on day to day activity and interactions. And by judging on just daily activities and interactions women certainly do not need men in societies where independence is favored. Women are capable of waking up by themselves, going to work by themselves, to the market and so on. Reproduction is even possible without having a male in the room. I don't really care too much about how other people want to live their life if some chick doesn't want to be in relationship with a male, who am I to sway her any differently? and why would I waste my time trying? I don't think you should take it as hard as you are.

• The truth is both genders need each other but some bitter people just refuse to admit it.Bitter people tend to judge something based on what they have experienced so no wonder few of them claim they 'don't need each other'

• I don't think men OR women need each other to have an identity or happy life. Which is generally what "I don't need men/women" means. People get tired of society telling them that being single means they're a lesser human being. A lot of guys come on here and say the same thing -- some who are bitter from being hurt and others who are just weary of being called homosexuals or chumps when they prefer to take a step back from dating. Generally, I think it's not a rejection of the opposite sex (except for really angry people who generally have issues since childhood from a bad parent) ... it's a rejection of the pressure of society.

What Guys Said 4

• It's feminism propaganda trying to demonise men. Reason for this? The failure of feminism that seemed to promise the utopia of gender equality and happiness for all women on Earth. Truth is this statement is just a tantrum where they try to rationalise the failure. Each gender needs each other, problem is women actually have depended on men to survive since the origin of our species so they need us more than we need them. Thinking critically, men only need women for sex and reproduction. We could hypothetically get rid of all women and society would keep running as usual, may be even more efficiently, until the male generation died. The opposite would not be possible, not even close.

• Technically on the individual level men don't need women and women don't need men. We can all get through our lives without being in a relationship if we choose to. On a biological level the majority do favor some kind of partnership with the opposite sex but remember it isn't necessary to happiness. If a girl says she doesn't need a man for her happiness I'd respect her for that. I don't see why it would make me bent out of shape.

• Women who say this have been played by a guy at some point in their life. They are hurting and defensive.

• I've only ever seen the opposite - men who try to claim they don't need women.

These are usually socially inept men, who carry deeply misogynistic attitudes. Oh, and there's a few gay men in their who try to tell these women-haters that maybe they can use other men for their sexual outlets. But I think they're just doing that for the sh*ts and giggles.

I have never seen women claim they don't need men - apart from lesbians and ultra feminist articles which I've read for the lulz.

• Information must come from somewhere lol. I've read about it, Wondering if it's true or the person writing it has issues.