Xavier... Is going to be the death of me. Guys.. Help me?

I have known this guy Xavier since we were in like 3rd grade. We were friends in like 4th, 5th, and 6th and I liked him a lot but we were in elementary school so I never said anything. After elementary school we ended up going to different schools. He and I talked infrequently. I haven’t seen him in 3 years. Now we are both 16 and we started talking regularly on New Years Eve. We had always been pretty flirty with each other. Recently we have had one or two conversations about how we’re both single and want something real that's gonna last. For instance he said,

"My good friend has been dating his girlfriend for a year and it makes me want to have a good relationship too. As cheesy as that sounds."

He says he wants to hang out with me and he has complimented me on multiple occasions. This weekend I asked him if he wanted to hang out and he said “ I’d love to but I don’t think I can. My sister is leaving this weekend for South Africa to study abroad and I have to help her pack and stuff. I feel bad I’m always busy but I still wanna hang out.” I took that in a good way of course. But I just don’t know. He’s really hard to read, and since I haven’t seen him in so long it’s hard to tell. I’m just confused about it. I mean he’s such a sweet guy and I do like him but I don’t want to go after something that is only going to end up hurting me and our relationship. Any advice...?

01

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 0