What do you think about this quote?

"Whoever chooses the music in the car has the upper hand in the relationship."

I believe its true.

76

Most Helpful Girl

• No. Whoever is driving the car chooses the music.

What Guys Said 6

• He may choose the music and still wash the dishes for you. lol

• Nah. There are just too many other variables. It might be true in some relationships but I don;t think it's a rule by any stretch.

• Sounds like one of those "philosophical" quotes from Cosmo magazine...

• Damn I must never have an upper hand because I don't care what I listen to in a car.. lol

• i let the girl do whatever she wants when it comes to little things like that.. so no

• Nah, whoever has the car chooses the music xD

What Girls Said 6

• I don't know how much it plays part. I know when we're using a car with a radio (There are 3, 2 we use, and the main one had the external radio antenna vandalized, so we use music from a flash drive) he switches it to my music, even though he can't really stand it. If the radio is playing, often, it's my music, BUT there's a lot of time we listen to his, via the flash drive, Pandora, and me wanting to have his music playing. I guess a read on that is that we're both willing to compromise for the happiness of the other.

Based on the relationships I know of, I think it's fairly accurate. It shows who decides and who allows because they want to keep the peace.

• I'm throwing the bullsh*t flag on this one. This quote is really trying to reflect the dynamic of the relationship, which differs per relationship. I have a rule that whoever is driving picks the music, I've always done that, and probably always will. It seems to work. Music has nothing to do with who has the "upper hand", it's just how to compromise.

• most people are careful to keep their hands on even levels. they think it has to do with respecting your partners dignity and compatibility.

i usually choose the music, period. but that's just because I care more about it. I don't care which movie we see because I can think about something else if in not into it- which I tend to do in movies anyways,. so its no big deal.

I think it depends on the things you care about. rather than the thing itself.

• Nah some guys are just passive about that sorta stuff. Means nothing

• I don't think it's true haha, I always choose the music but my boyfriend pretty much wears the pants in our relationship :D

• False. In his car we listen to his music and in my car we listen to my music. And a lot of the music in his car is music I like as well if not more than what I listen to in mine (he has his ipod hooked up to his radio whereas I just listen to whatever's on the radio in mine).

I don't see how the radio is a pivotal point in power play, though in my opinion relationships shouldn't be based on "having the upper hand" anyways.