Are old cutting scars a turn-off for women?

Hypothetically, let's say that one used to cut, and though they have long gotten through it, the scars remain as large and noticeable as ever. If said person asked you on a date, would you say no, based of course on the scars?

91

Most Helpful Girl

• Most people have scars from this and that. I think you need to be prepared that not everyone is equipped to be in a romantic relationship with someone with emotional turmoil (or any other baggage). And that's OK. You want to be with someone who can help you through life, not with someone who isn't capable. (I cut for over 10 years, btw). You don't have to tell her right away, but if you get the sense that the girl you're dating is someone you have to hide all of the difficult parts of your life from, she's not a good candidate.

What Girls Said 8

• Lots of people have scars... mine just happen to be emotional rather than physical. If the scars are old, I respect the guy for making it past the hard times and I see that we have common ground. If they're fresh, though, I'd be too scared of the resonsibility of being emotionally tied to him. I don't want anyone to have to depend on me.

• No, I'd be far more worried if they were fresh. Old scars are past, it's just a sign of a very difficult time that you had in life and that you've left behind you.

• not really. but if I were you, I would try to hide them for a few weeks or so and then introduce them to her. I think that way, she would (hopefully) already have an opinion of you and it would just go over better. but most people should understand pain. if not, they aren't in a good place for a relationship anyway

• They're a bit of a turn off for me, but they are not a deal breaker.

• I'd ask something jokingly about it, like "oho were ya fighting a tiger or something?" LOL

it doesn't bother me XD

• Because I see a lot of cut questions on line, it would make me question if they are ok.

• I'd hope not. I have scars on my arm.

• No I think they are sexy.

What Guys Said 1

• What your wrists?

• Let's just say anywhere.

• I don't know about women but if a girl with cuts on her skin wrists or wherever and came up and sweetly gave me her number or asked me out I would go on at least one date with her.