When a girl doesn't say no but doesn't say yes?

I'll try and get to the point.

Cute girl sits next to me in a computer class that started three weeks ago. Were both shy, without having said much except questions about the instructions and me making a joke here and there.

From what I interpret she is at least curious about me but again showing no definite signs. Yesterday I finally gathered the balls to talk to he after class and flirt with her. She seemed impressed or at least flattered but when I asked for her number she said she would give it to me next class.

Rejection? playing hard to get or what?

32

Most Helpful Girl

• There's really no definite answer. I would wait until next class to see if she gives it to you or not. She may be brushing you off or playing hard to get, but I don't see why she would say I'll give it you at the next class. She might be in the process of getting a new phone number, or getting even getting a cell phone and truly doesn't have one give you. I wouldn't read so much into it right away.

What Girls Said 2

• Typically if a girl wants you to have her #, she'll give it to you...NOW!

• Who knows? Really hard to say here. One thing is for sure, do not bug her about it. That will seem desperate & annoying. If she doesn't give it to you next time you see her, wait awhile. Talk to her, be really nice & all, but don't ask again for a couple of weeks. Be cool.

What Guys Said 2

• Not necessarily rejection. She may want to think about it for a bit. She may have been so surprised by your request that she felt bashful. Keep talking to her the way you have been. She should give you her number next class.

• She just wants to get to know you better.

There's no rejection.