When is the right time to get a key to his place?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for two months and he lives in his own place of course. He works a lot so sometimes on weekends he asks me to head over to his place. He's mentioned a few times how much easier it would be for us to meet up if he just gave me a key but he hasn't really acted upon it. He mentions it constantly and always says " I really need to get you a key".. . so I was just curious as to why he might say this and not act upon it further.. and secondly is it to soon for a key? Thanks

13

Most Helpful Guy

• In my opinion moving in is NEVER an option when dating. When partners move with another, they are opened to each others lives much more intimate then dating and frequent seeing. It ruins the thought of marriage because the guy has everything a. Marriage has. WITHOUT the long process and getting on a knee.

More direct to your question, 2 months is early to be talking about a key. It's not a top priority of his so it must not be needed. I say wait at least 4-8 months of you two dating. If he gives you the key then you can keep it, but you don't have to be at his house every other night.

What Guys Said 2

• He maybe says it as he does want to do it as it makes things easier, but he's aware that it's far too soon. For keys you're looking six months plus, and that's early to get my key.

• Next time say "You always say that and forget LULZ" and he'll prob ask you to remind him.

What Girls Said 1

• 2 months is way to early in my opinion, I would say 6-8 months at the earliest, unless you were friends for a while before you started dating