What happens when I say yes?

We both like each other, but I get really panicky when he asks me to be his girlfriend. I know I should just say 'yes' because that's what we both want. But for some reason I cannot say it. I've never been in a relationship and I think it would help if I knew what happened when I said 'yes'. Like what comes next, really need your help...thanks

21

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm in the same situation. I told him that I'm a bit afraid of the whole dating thing and the bf/ggf labels. We go/hang out all the time anyway, so there should really be no difference. He's starting to get touchy/feely with me anyway. He says I'm the perfect one for him so it doesn't bother him that I'm not ready yet because he'll wait for me.

We're basically 'dating' without all the labels/titles. I guess it's because I'm inexperienced and I'm afraid of being hurt. Until I'm ready to put a title on it, I like the current arrangement. Less pressure.

What Guys Said 1

• If it makes you feel more comfortable with the whole situation tell him you've never had a boyfriend before, so like the other answerer said, you would like to take it slow in the beginning. I think this is a great idea because then you will find out his true intentions with you. Most guys aren't going to wait around for a girl to put out so if you find one that's patient with you then be glad cause you know he actually likes you and isn't just telling you what you want to hear.

What Girls Said 1

• Just tell him that you'd like to be his girlfriend (if that's the case) but that it's all a bit new for you and you'd appreciate it if you both took your time to get used to the new status.