Under Barack Obama, the U.S. economy has performed worse than it did under any other president since the end of the Great Depression. After every other recession since World War II, the U.S. economy always regained what was lost and got even stronger before the next recession began. During this “economic recovery”, we have not even come close to getting back to where we were in 2008. In fact, the number of Americans living in poverty and the number of Americans that are dependent on the government both continue to explode even as Barack Obama runs up trillions of dollars of new debt. Anyone that believes that Barack Obama is going to “fix the economy” if he is given another four years in the White House has taken way too many sips of the Obama kool-aid. The truth is that Barack Obama is not going to save you. Barack Obama has royally messed up our economy (along with a lot of other things) and that is not something we should be thanking him for.
Yes, Barack Obama is not solely responsible for the economy. In fact, he does not even have the most influence over the direction of the economy.
1) Under Bill Clinton, the average unemployment rate was 5.2 percent. Under George W. Bush, the average unemployment rate was 5.3 percent. Under Barack Obama, things have been much worse. The month after he took office the unemployment rate rose above 8 percent
2) The number of Americans on food stamps has grown from 31.9 million when Barack Obama took office to 46.4 million today. How much more “hope and change” are we going to be able to endure?
3) The Obama administration has been spending money on some of the most insane things imaginable. For example, in 2011 the Obama administration spent $592,527 on a study that sought to figure out once and for all why chimpanzees throw poop.
4) Under Barack Obama, U.S. debt was downgraded from AAA status for the first time ever. Since Barack Obama took office, the U.S. national debt has increased by 50 percent. Also, since Obama became president, the U.S. national debt has increased by an average of more than $64,000 per taxpayer.
5) During the Obama administration, the U.S. national debt has grown more than it did from the time that George Washington became president to the beginning of Bill Clinton’s second term as president.
Obama insists that it would be a really bad idea to ever question the “independence” of the Fed. Obama believes that it is a good thing that U.S. monetary policy is determined by a panel of “experts” that work for a secretive organization that has no direct accountability to the American people whatsoever.
Yet their decisions have a huge impact on all our lives every single day.
Thanks Obama – you really have been awful!
Most Helpful Guy
I agree totally. The Democrats are just out for themselves and their place in office. The way they do this is through "feel good" legislation and false promises. "Feel good" legislation being that they enact legislation that sounds good and will gain support from the people but never actually works. The policies that actually work aren't very popular with the people. But, its not just the president's fault. Yes, Obama has far overstepped the bounds of the executive office and seems to be basically controlling Congress. Which is troublesome and unconstitutional. We are closer to a dictatorship then we ve ever been, but we still aren't one. Congress is also to blame because they are letting him do this and also aren't doing sh*t. I blame Harry Reid in the Senate for much of our troubles. He can't propose a budget, he has backroom discussions with select democrats and locks everybody else out, etc etc. The guy is an idiot. The people in Congress, to me, that have the right views and plan is people like Mitch Mcconall in the Senate or John Bohener in the House. But, the media and the democrats try to silence them as much as possible.2THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
- Show AllShow Less