Why do Democrats always destroy the economy?

Democrats are horrendous for destroying the economy in the United States.

Under Barack Obama, the U.S. economy has performed worse than it did under any other president since the end of the Great Depression. After every other recession since World War II, the U.S. economy always regained what was lost and got even stronger before the next recession began. During this “economic recovery”, we have not even come close to getting back to where we were in 2008. In fact, the number of Americans living in poverty and the number of Americans that are dependent on the government both continue to explode even as Barack Obama runs up trillions of dollars of new debt. Anyone that believes that Barack Obama is going to “fix the economy” if he is given another four years in the White House has taken way too many sips of the Obama kool-aid. The truth is that Barack Obama is not going to save you. Barack Obama has royally messed up our economy (along with a lot of other things) and that is not something we should be thanking him for.

Yes, Barack Obama is not solely responsible for the economy. In fact, he does not even have the most influence over the direction of the economy.

1) Under Bill Clinton, the average unemployment rate was 5.2 percent. Under George W. Bush, the average unemployment rate was 5.3 percent. Under Barack Obama, things have been much worse. The month after he took office the unemployment rate rose above 8 percent

2) The number of Americans on food stamps has grown from 31.9 million when Barack Obama took office to 46.4 million today. How much more “hope and change” are we going to be able to endure?

3) The Obama administration has been spending money on some of the most insane things imaginable. For example, in 2011 the Obama administration spent $592,527 on a study that sought to figure out once and for all why chimpanzees throw poop.

4) Under Barack Obama, U.S. debt was downgraded from AAA status for the first time ever. Since Barack Obama took office, the U.S. national debt has increased by 50 percent. Also, since Obama became president, the U.S. national debt has increased by an average of more than $64,000 per taxpayer.

5) During the Obama administration, the U.S. national debt has grown more than it did from the time that George Washington became president to the beginning of Bill Clinton’s second term as president.

Obama insists that it would be a really bad idea to ever question the “independence” of the Fed. Obama believes that it is a good thing that U.S. monetary policy is determined by a panel of “experts” that work for a secretive organization that has no direct accountability to the American people whatsoever.

Yet their decisions have a huge impact on all our lives every single day.

Thanks Obama – you really have been awful!

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree totally. The Democrats are just out for themselves and their place in office. The way they do this is through "feel good" legislation and false promises. "Feel good" legislation being that they enact legislation that sounds good and will gain support from the people but never actually works. The policies that actually work aren't very popular with the people. But, its not just the president's fault. Yes, Obama has far overstepped the bounds of the executive office and seems to be basically controlling Congress. Which is troublesome and unconstitutional. We are closer to a dictatorship then we ve ever been, but we still aren't one. Congress is also to blame because they are letting him do this and also aren't doing sh*t. I blame Harry Reid in the Senate for much of our troubles. He can't propose a budget, he has backroom discussions with select democrats and locks everybody else out, etc etc. The guy is an idiot. The people in Congress, to me, that have the right views and plan is people like Mitch Mcconall in the Senate or John Bohener in the House. But, the media and the democrats try to silence them as much as possible.

0|2
    0|2
    • Im not afraid to speak conservative opinions in front of a liberal majority. Trouble is liberals own the media and the conservatives don't speak up enough. Don't get me started on gun control lol...Gun control topics have turned into gun banning. Whenever a government bans something, it leads to nowhere good. Take prohibition for example or the illegal drug market. Yes, control which citizens get weapons, but don't ban stuff. Our current laws are adequate, we just need to enforce them more.

• Show All
    • "Human Being Obama" is what I will use from now on.

• Is Obama respectful to others? No...are liberals respectful to other? No...but they paint an image like they are. They play a dirty game of politics. And for the most part, Republicans have played the fairest of them all. However, you don't bring a knife to a gun fight. So, its time to fight back and put rubber to the pavement because I'm sick of liberals being allowed to run free like little kids and walk over our government and society and tell us what we can and can't do.Imdone being nice

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• oh yeah, so how come every economic statistic shows exactly the opposite?

link

link

link

the numbers don't lie.

1|5
    0|1
    • QA, you just got served!

• Show All
    • Are you even American? Once again, I stated that Obama's record wasn't in any of those charts. He is destroying America.

• Yeah, Obama created more jobs. The number of jobs are going up, but the number of hours worked are the same. Do even know what that means? My goodness, educate yourselves.

We've had nothing but terrible presidents. Clinton may have been the biggest failure of them all. Clinton did not have the strongest economy, it was an inflated economy. If Bush had left office two years earlier, everyone would have said he was success. I'm not defending Bush because he was terrible too.

• dept is not equal dept. I'm not sure about the numbers. Even assuming Obama spend more the graph keru showed shows a clear trend and implies that it's republicans who destroy the economy.

Anyways dept is not always equal debt. Germanys debt per person is almost as high as greeces, yet people think they are doing well while greece is miserable. Think about why that is.

Bush spend a ridicoulous amount on war. that is bad bad dept.In fact the amount of money that war did cost us per year could pay greeces dept at once.

Obama is reducing defence spendings and investing in welfare.Good dept. There is something called counter-cyclical fiscal policy which is what all developed countries practice these days. look it up.

3) If you actually mean $592,527, that's a stupid complaint. Do you have any idea about the numbers we're talking about here? if that is the only thing you could find Obama is doing a hell of a good job. Instead look up what other stupid things the government spend money on in the last 50 years

4) all over the world countries were downgraded last year, are you impliying the world just decided to all elect particulary bad leaders?

5) Ever heard of inflation?

0|1
    0|1
  • Obama rules

0|1
    0|0
  • lol you're funny. and clearly you are completely uneducated about politics and economics.

0|2
    1|1
    • You only are saying that because it doesn't agree with your liberal mindset.

What Guys Said 8

• Presidents don't make policy, Congress does, and the past several Congresses haven't been worth the toilet paper they've collectively used.

You speak as though the economy shifts and changes overnight... it doesn't. We're currently feeling long term effects of policies signed by all presidents back to Reagan.

Unemployment went from 4.4% to 7.8% between 5/2007 and 1/2009, which if you'll recall was under Bush's watchful eye before Obama was even in office for a full month. So clearly, unemployment was skyrocketing when Obama took office. You can't just cherry pick numbers to make it seem like when Obama was inaugurated everyone got laid off all at once.

Long term unemployment is the biggest reason food stamp usage has increased.

Now, if you look at things objectively, unemployment peaked back in 10/2009 at 10%, and is currently at 7.9% and trending down. As more people go back to work, several other issues will work themselves out naturally.

All that said, our government, regardless of which party is in power, has no idea how to handle fiscal affairs, and that's why our economy is being destroyed by other countries that do know how to handle their business. We're too stubborn to change anything, but we constantly expect different results. When the same stuff keeps happening though, we just use the other party as a scapegoat, which gets us absolutely nowhere, because it fails to address the ACTUAL problems that we have.

2|8
    0|1
    • Thank you this is what we need in the US people who think instead of just blaming others

• I totally agree, herr herr. Get your sh*t together, US of A

• I love how everyone blames Obama for everything wrong in the world today. (Yes, believe it or not the whole world is having similar, if not the same or worse, issues right now. Not just America)

The current situation is not down to one man, one administration, one party, or even one country. No. Its a collective responsibility for all governments and all people in positions of power worldwide. The situations we are all dealing with today have been decades in the making.

Deciding to blame everything on one person, especially when they've only had slight influence for just over 4 years, is downright moronic.

2|4
    0|2
  • You do realize that the United States government is run by several people that work together in order to make decisions and not just one power hungry dictator. The president doesn't even right our laws. Yes he makes proposals but their are committees within congress that actually right theses laws. There are 535 voting members in congress who use their own brains to decide on passing these federal laws. Not to mention our extensive state and local governments. The United States' short comings can not be blamed on any one individual/administration because the world doesn't reset every four years. Each administration does the best they can with the government they've been given and the nation picked the people who they believed could do it well enough. Stop getting pissed of because you feel like your team lost. This is the real world not a sport we have real issues and pointing fingers doesn't get anything done. If you don't like what's happening go to school and become a politician so you can propose these brilliant ideas you have to perfectly fix all of America's problems. I'm sure all of congress will agree with you and do exactly what you say. Maybe the Supreme Court will relinquish all of their power because they feel like your such a level head genius that they trust you to run the entire nation.

1|3
    0|0
    • Just realized as I was writing this wpmason said the same thing. It's good to know some of us think

• I apologize I did not read your entire question I see now that you do have knowledge on the workings of our government but I'm still shocked by your decision to be so slanderous. From what you've written you seem like someone who wouldn't fall into the publicity and unnecessary fighting that comes along with politics

• I think you need to look at this a little more objectively.

Firstly, it's important to remember that the financial crisis began long before Obama took office.

The statistics you give in points #1 and #2 are wildly misleading.

Here's a chart showing the long term trend in unemployment: link

Note that when Obama took office, unemployment was already increasing almost exponentially. After he became President, it initially continued to rise, but the rate of increase slowed, and for the last 3 years, unemployment has been gradually falling. This trend is mirrored in other indicators of economic wellbeing.

#3 is another gross distortion of the facts. If you bothered to actually look into it (which I'm sure you didn't, since that whole paragraph is copied and pasted from elsewhere) you'll see there was a lot more to the study than that - you can watch a video here: link

You might not be interested, but some of us aren't such philistines, and $600,000 is really not a lot in the grand scheme of things (how much do you think Bush's "war on terror" cost?)

#4 & #5 - Again, it's called the global financial crisis, which was not caused by Obama, and which has had much the same effect on other countries all across the world (that's why it's called the *global* financial crisis).

1|3
    0|0
  • Thanks , Anonymous User, you performed a brilliant copy/paste from infowars.com

However it's just a copy paste.

Do you know more tricks like that or is it the best you can? did you use ctr a-ctrl c-crtl v or do you yetknow how to do it with a mouse?

PS, I hope Michael Snyder won't sue you for copyright .

0|3
    0|0
  • I am notin the US but Are you sure what you talking about ?

Bush left a large hole economically speaking that of a larger public debt (selling off army assets and privatising part of the arm forces to oofload debt) prsided over S&L crisis that precipitated the GFcrisis. An unwinable war in Asia among other things.

2|2
    0|1
    • You don't live in the United States.

You all hate Bush, I get it.

Obama has spent more then him in a years time.

• Bush had equalchances yet his government was a disaster. Wasn't it?

• I never said Bush was a good President ever, but look at what Obama is doing to the country! He made a bad situation so much worse.

• Haha you blocked me so you could get the last word cute

0|0
    0|0
    • No I blocked you because I am tired of your back and forth banter bullsh*t.

• Lets just say all government people suck

0|2
    0|1
Loading... ;