What sparks a guy's interest most when a girl speaks with you?

So say you meet a girl at a bar, what could she say and how when engaging in conversation to make you the most attracted and for her to come off interesting?

27

Most Helpful Guy

• A girl is interesting, if she's interesting. If she enjoys the same things as me, gets my sense of humor. She can't do anything really to get my attention except be herself. If she isn't, I'll find out eventually, and I may or may not want to hang out with her anymore. The fact that you're breaking the norm and approaching *him* instead of the other way around is enough to grab someone's attention.

What Guys Said 6

• Think of all the things that guys have done to you that you thought were creepy and needy.

Now do those things to him.

The reason why people do things to other people is because that's what they think they would like to be done to them if they were you.

For example:

1. Pay attention to him (too many women have add)

2. Ask questions

3. compliment him.

4. Tell him that you like him for (x) reason (nice ass, or whatever)

Even men who play games HATE them. They only do them because women have forced them to do them to get laid.

So be honest and upfront about everything is a great start.

• intelligence and genuine interest into what I am saying. Also, it doesn't hurt if she's an interesting character herself, as in, has goals in life or is passionate about certain things.

• Someone who is interesting, challenging, fun. The kind that likes scuba diving or playing an instrument, as examples.

• As long as you are not a psychopath, weirdo, emo, a druggie, or a recluse, I'm sure I can enjoy my time with you.

Especially since you already have the looks factor down, you shouldn't be worried about being boring. ;)

• Girls that really grab my attention when I think about it are the ones that are socially aware enough to 'get' me before they even start chatting to me. A playful insult can be really attention grabbing

• honestly, if the conversations just seems to flow and she seems like a really easy person to talk to that would get my attention

What Girls Said 2

• Okay, I'm going to give you the ugly truth. Guys would love a girl to say anything good, interesting, or weird to him as long as she's hot, above average, or little above average. If your average this may work half or less than half of the time. If your ugly, then you better have something in your personality to land some guys. Why? Cause guys are visual creatures. That is how the're programmed.

• You're only half right, women are visual "creatures" too. You ever approach an ugly guy cause you think he promises an amazing personality? I can bet you are looking at the Brad Pitt lookalike across the bar. The first impression is always visual. What you mean to say is: Watch out cause some guys will only pretend to be interested if you look good. Otherwise don't whine about the hopelessness of the human race :P

• @SaintRichie23 I didn't say women are not visual creatures. I'm just only pointing out the side of a man. Lots of girls do approach ugly guys because of personality. There are girls that like funny guys, or guys that can stimulate them intellectually no matter what he looks like, but I didn't say all girls like that. There are some that do. Yes, guys may pretend to be interested. But that's not the point. I'm saying that the guy likes the fact that a hot girl is talking to him.

• @smilestoooften What my post is talking about focuses on girls that talks no matter how her physical appearance. What you're saying is a girl that is shy, silent, dull which is redundant of what of KaylaS91 is talking about.

• Guys are into girls who have interesting hobbies. Like anything really. Just stuff you like to do. Also, they want girls to pay attention to them, smile at them, look at them and generally act interested in them.