What is your favorite movie quote of all time and why? You may post more than one

My top 5 (quite lengthy!)

Sometimes I wish I had never met you. Because then I could go to sleep at night not knowing there was someone like you out there.

- Good Will Hunting

“I’ll be back” – Terminator 1,2,3 – the classic Arnold line

“Consider that a divorce” - Total Recall

it ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward-Rocky 6... Always motivating sylvester stallone

To beat this guy, you need speed - you don't have it. And your knees can't take the pounding, so hard running is out. And you got arthritis in your neck, and you've got calcium deposits on most of your joints, so sparring is out.

So, what we'll be calling on is good ole’ fashion blunt force trauma. Horsepower. Heavy-duty, cast-iron, piledriving punches that will have to hurt so much they'll rattle his ancestors. Every time you hit him with a shot, it's gotta feel like he tried kissing the express train. Yeah! Let's start building some hurtin' bombs!

---

Rocky Balboa Training Scene

The arnie and sylvester ones are my fav since they are quite inspiring motivating and cold machine like

The first one is quite touchy and most of us can relate ourselves with those lines in some way

1112

Most Helpful Guy

• "I came here to build a bridge." - Zulu

What Girls Said 11

• Pretty much every line from Napoleon Dynamite! But I'll pick my favorites

1. Napoleon Dynamite: Grandma just called and said you're supposed to go home.

Uncle Rico: She didn't tell me anything.

Napoleon Dynamite: Too bad, she said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.

Uncle Rico: I'm not goin' anywhere, Napoleon.

Napoleon Dynamite: Get off my property!

Uncle Rico: It's a free country. I can do whatever I want.

Napoleon Dynamite: Get off my property or I'll call the cops on you.

Uncle Rico: Well then do it! Go on!

Napoleon Dynamite: Maybe I will, GOSH!

2. "Tina, you fat lard, come get some DINNER!... Tina, eat. Food. Eat the FOOD! " - Napoleon saying this to the Llama in their garden.

3. Deb: I'm trying to earn money for college.

Kip:Your mom goes to college.

• "A star can't shine with a broken heart." -Stardust

"There are two kinds of people: Greeks, and everyone else who wish they was Greek." -My Big Fat Greek Wedding (I am Greek myself, so I enjoy this haha)

• ""Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!" - Dr. Strangelove

"It's SHITE being Scottish! We're the lowest of the low. The scum of the f***ing Earth! The most wretched, miserable, servile, pathetic trash that was ever shat into civilization. Some hate the English. I don't. They're just wankers. We, on the other hand, are COLONIZED by wankers. Can't even find a decent culture to be colonized BY. We're ruled by effete a**holes. It's a SHITE state of affairs to be in, Tommy, and ALL the fresh air in the world won't make any f***ing difference!"

- Trainspotting ...i don't know why I like this one so much, there's just such a bleak humor about it.

• dont stomp your last season prada shoes at me honey,

"...endorfines make you happy, happy people just don't shoot their husbands, they just dont"

LEGALLY BLONDE haha

• I watch a lot of movies but a few I can't forget are:

"Yes they deserve to die and I hope they burn in hell!" - A Time to Kill ( but Dave Chapelle's version is the only one I think of when I remember this line. XD)

"Life is a game. So fight for survival and see if you're worth it. "- Battle Royale

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die. " -Princess Bride

"Let's get out of this ladies clothing and get into our tights! " -Men in Tights

• "Surely,you can't be serious."

"I am serious,and don't call me Shirley."

-Airplane.

Love that line!^

• "Every step I have taken has been to bring me closer to you" Memoires of a Geisha

• from the movie Vampires Suck,

at the end, someone is really angry, so angry that he almost explodes, then he says...

"OMG we won!"

most random thing to say, but its really funny =)

• "I will have what she is having." - Lady from when sally met harry

"I'm late! I'm late! For a very important date! No time to say hello, goodbye! I'm late! I'm late! I'm late!" - White Rabbit from Alice In Wonderland

• So now, alone or not, you've got a walk ahead. Thing to remember is if we're all alone, then we're all together in that too- P.S. I love you.

• I'm a huge film nerd, so I have a ridiculous amount of favorites. But I'll just keep it at one, and since I rewatched this film tonight, I'll go with it as definitely one of my favorites.

"They say it has no memory. That's where I want to live the rest of my life. A warm place with no memory." - The Shawshank Redemption

What Guys Said 11

• From Blow... "Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again, but life goes on."

Can't Hardly Wait...

Kenny Fisher (Special K): Yo, I gotta have sex tonight! I mean peep this - They say here ninety-two percent of the honeys at UCLA are sexually active. Ninety-two of the women in Los Angeles at UCLA walking around going, "Class... or sex? What shall I do?" Ninety-two percent, yo! Hey, you know what that means?

Ritchie Koolboy: What?

Kenny Fisher: It means I gots a ninety-two percent chance of embarrassing myself. I roll up on that shorty be like, "What's up yo?" she be like, "You don't know 20 different ways to make me call you Big Poppa" [Rest in peace yo] because I don't yo

...and Fight Club

"I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy sh*t we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off."

• 1st quote is from the movie Rounders and funny enough it's the first sentence of the movie:

"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half at the table, then you are the sucker"

2nd quote is from the movie the Boondock Saints, from one of the sub characters:

"Hey f*** ass, give me a beer !"

3rd quote is also from the movie the Boondock Saints, not really a quote, but very good. Took me half and hour to write this all down, so you better read it.

Now you will receive us.

We do not ask for your poor, or your hungry.

We do not want your tired and sick.

It is your corrupt we claim.

It is your evil that will be sought by us.

With every breath we shall hunt them down.

Each day, we will spill their blood till it rains down from the skies.

Do not kill, do not rape, do not steal, these are principles which every man of every faith can embrace.

These are not polite suggestions, these are codes of behavior and those of you that ignore them will pay the dearest cost.

There are varying degrees of evil, we urge you lesser forms of filth not to push the bounds and cross over, into true corruption, into our domain.

For if you do, one day you will look behind you and you will see we three. And on that day, you will reap it.

And we will send you to whatever god you wish.

There is also another quote in this movie which is said before they execute high criminal figures and it goes something like this:

And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.

In nomine Patri.

Et Fili.

Spiritus Sancti.

• "Don't think; feel. It is like a finger pointing a way to the moon. Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory."

"I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid... you're afraid of us. You're afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it's going to begin. I'm going to hang up this phone, and then I'm going to show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world without you. A world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you."

"Gentlemen, milady, you will always remember this as the day that you almost caught Captain Jack Sparrow!"

"Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V."

• Marlon Brando---The Wild One

Mildred: Hey Johnny, what are you rebelling against?

Johnny: Whadda you got?

Clint Eastwood---Dirty Harry:

Harry Callahan: I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

• I've never watched the movie, but it's: "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn" from Gone with the wind. The reason being is that there have been moments in my life were I really wished I said it.

• "Keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer" - The Godfather

"As far as I can remember, I've always wanted to be a gangster" - Goodfellas

• "If this is your first night at fight club,you have to fight" - Fight Club

• "Harvey you're right. Rachels death was my fault. Please don't punish the boy, please punish me"

"I'm about to"

The dark knight.

Not really a movie person.

• "I have return some videotapes..." - American Psycho

You just can't beat the ominousness of that quote...

• +1 A favorite of mine as well :-)

• Oh no doubt! :-P

I've said that to people before - they rarely get the reference and usually just ask where I got videotapes. Haha!

• Only one I can think of off the top of my head is actually a poem that plays a central role in the film. "Yesterday upon the stair, I met a man who wasn't there, He wasn't there again today, I wish, I wish, he'd go away" -Identity

• Go ahead make my day-dirty Harry

come with me if you want to live-terminator